2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I've had a quick search but can't find the solution. I've just bought a 2006 CTDI with sat nav and HFT. The voice recognition works great for making calls etc but it doesn't recognise commands for the sat nav, audio or climate control like the manual suggests. Is this feature model/version dependant?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hmm I think I've worked it out. My steering wheel only has the HFT buttons. Not the VR buttons as shown in the manual. I don't understand why this is.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Your voice recognition works great? HEY GUYS, I FOUND THE ONLY GUY IN THE WORLD WITH WORKING VOICE RECOGNITION!

HFT is terrible. Not just on Hondas but every car ever made. I try to make a call..."Setting temperature to 20 degrees" *facepalm*

The buttons you need for the satnav are behind the buttons for call making, they are a little bit hidden but if you have a good look and can't find them, they are not there. It is possible your sat nav has been installed by the dealer, not the factory, and the steering wheel has not been upgraded. This will be extremely unfortunate as they are not cheap at all.

I would say live without it, as it is not that good anyway. Compared to how many attempts it takes me to talk to the damn thing, it is quicker to come off at the next services, pop in and get a coffee, go back to your car, type in the postcode manually and then be on your way.

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
Never had any issues with mine either. I find the newer versions harder to liv with Although don't really use the voice command for the car controls just for calls.

As said above there should be two more buttons behind the HFT buttons.

·
Registered
111 Posts
voice control

Well chuffed with mine. All my mates are well impressed.
In Scotland last year and getting a bit low on petrol, just asked it for nearest petrol station and in seconds up came the nearest 5, with post codes :rolleyes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts