2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seemed like a cool feature but didn't really see the point in paying the extra for the sat nav. Don't need it here most of the time anyway.

How well does it work. Does it recognize commands if you have a weird accent? Not to point fingers at anyone, but how about the welsh, or scottish people? Do you have to be more clear when giving orders to your system? :)

Does it pick up a foreign accent? Or does it just get confused? :wink:

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
It's not too bad, but it isn't perfect either. I find the HFT system picks me up better than the Voice Control for the satnav/climate etc

I've got a Scottish accent an I do find myself trying to talk more clearly than normal. My (Geordie English) wife reckons it understands her better.

I gave it one command once and got an Italian response from the system :lol:

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Hartside said:
It's not too bad, but it isn't perfect either. I find the HFT system picks me up better than the Voice Control for the satnav/climate etc

I've got a Scottish accent an I do find myself trying to talk more clearly than normal. My (Geordie English) wife reckons it understands her better.

Better bring my translator along on Thursday then ;)

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hartside said:
:D

So it also teaches you other languages. Great work Honda. :wink:

·
Explosive Mind Unleashed
549 Posts
I get some funny returns from it...."Audio On" gets" Temperature Max" and for some reason the HFT doesn't like me saying "Home" take about 7-8 attempts for me co call home, need to change to "home Number" or something it can distinguish better.

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
I find it quite good for just a couple of things - best is "Go Home" - saves lots of button pushing and I use it quite a bit. Other than that, it's easier to turn the temperature up using the knob.

·
Explosive Mind Unleashed
549 Posts
Pottsy said:
I find it quite good for just a couple of things - best is "Go Home" - saves lots of button pushing and I use it quite a bit. Other than that, it's easier to turn the temperature up using the knob.
Pretty much same here, another one that works well is "Find nearest petrol station" that one is really handy :D

·
Premium Member
1,615 Posts
:) at karlak ,are u sure its not to one side as it simes to lazy to stand up straight

·
Registered
73 Posts
is the voice control only for satnav or can i use it also wite the bluetooth?

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
voice control is for all sorts - sat nav, radio, air con, the works :)

pretty much, if there is a button to do something, you can also do it via voice control (except cruise control!)

The HFT phone system uses the same mic as the voice control, but 2 seperate buttons (right infront of the voice control buttons)

So yes, basically, you can speak to control the phone too :)

All that applies to the Sat Nav and HFT in the EX model - not sure about the bluetooth phone system in the other models, sorry :(

And welcome aboard aswell :D

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hi all,

The thing I love the most about the voice control is that it will actually "speak" the name of the road you are currently on... I love that feature - not sure why we need it, but it's nice!

You say, "Display current location" and it will say where you are.

Cool

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Hi all,

The thing I love the most about the voice control is that it will actually "speak" the name of the road you are currently on... I love that feature - not sure why we need it, but it's nice!

You say, "Display current location" and it will say where you are.

Cool
Surely you must know where you are - you just look out of the window!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
172 Posts
Surely you must know where you are - you just look out of the window!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Well, that's what I mean, don't why we need it in the first instance, just thought it was a nice feature - that's all...!

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Never knew it did that, really need to RTFM.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts