2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my Type S GT last Sat. IT feels great being one of the first 57 plates around. I have tried searching on here but can't fine a thread so I apologise if this has been mentioned before. Anyway the question is can you change the voice of the Sat Nav from the female voice to a male voice? And just for a laugh who admitts to naming the voice behind the Sat Nav?

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
from memory, the voice files were one of the things Pottsy managed to change, but only temporarily?

though it was a year ago, so I might be getting that wrong :oops:

·
King of the rodeo
4,824 Posts
from memory, the voice files were one of the things Pottsy managed to change, but only temporarily?

though it was a year ago, so I might be getting that wrong :oops:
I also remember Pottsy hacking the voice commands, the potential for hilarity is great!

Don't really know why you would want a mans voice, I think 'mabel' sounds very sexy.

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
I also remember Pottsy hacking the voice commands, the potential for hilarity is great!

Don't really know why you would want a mans voice, I think 'mabel' sounds very sexy.
Did he?

I missed that one, and can't find anything with the search?

Pottsy, Can point us in the right direction?

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
I wish I could! I may have mentioned making voice files for the TTG, but not the Civ. I think we're stuck with Betty.
and what is the TTG?

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
I wish I could! I may have mentioned making voice files for the TTG, but not the Civ. I think we're stuck with Betty.
Today, at least in aircraft systems, the annuciation voices may be either male or female, and in some cases, they can be selected according to the pilot's preferences. Thus, if the voice is female, it is referred to as Bitching Betty; if the voice is male, it is referred to as Bitching Bob.
There are two notable systems which today are normally found in most commercial and military aircraft, the TCAS (Traffic Collision Avoidance System) and TAWS/EGPWS (Terrain Avoidance Warning System / Enhanced Ground Proximity Warning System). These provide warnings and spoken (verbal) resolution instructions through the ICAS (Indication and Crew Alerting System).
It wont be long now before these are on cars,not sure about pull up pull up tho:D

·
Nice Guy!
2,360 Posts
and what is the TTG?
Tom tom Go - now called the "classic". When it first appeared a few of us did some work changing the voices. Seems like a while ago now!

No it's not it is the Travel Trade Gazette ( TTG) ;)[smilie=cheeky-grin:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts