2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Quick question..

Does voice recognition come with SAT NAV or Bluetooth? Or is it a separate thing? If not can you get it installed afterwards on a used Civic?

Many thanks :p

·
My other woman is my CTR
1,505 Posts
It comes with the satnav/HFT combo which can be installed by Honda but I think it costs over a grand

·
geekess
3,638 Posts
It comes with the satnav/HFT combo which can be installed by Honda but I think it costs over a grand
But its factory fit so surely very difficult or impossible to retrofit??

·
My other woman is my CTR
1,505 Posts
No idea about retrofitting, just stating the facts- voice operation requires satnav/hft and it costs over a grand... If it can be fitted?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So all sat nav models have the voice recognition? Whats the HFT combo? I'm just wondering if the models im looking at with sat nav have the voice recognition..

thanks

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
The option is Sat Nav with HFT and voice recognition, the items are not seperate.

HFT is Hands Free Telephone which connects to your phone with bluetooth with a microphone built into the car and the sound coming through the speakers in the front doors.

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
sat nav and hft come as a package. You cant have one without the other. If the cars you are looking at have sat nav then they also have the hft.
now im confused..

i have sat nav installed (ex model) it has the voice commands, but i cant seem to find or know how to use the phone.

i dont have a honda bluetooth device on the door pillar.

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Ther is no bluetooth device on door pillar it is all built in, mic in roof by light, sound comes through radio speakers. instruction in your manual.

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
oh, ok i tried to pair the phone and car while the engine was running.
will give instructions a good read during my lunch at work.
guess i havent really bothered as i got a new w995 but after 2days it stopped working and i need to get the software updated.

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
Hi Guys, Quick question. Does voice recognition come with SAT NAV or Bluetooth ? Or is it a separate thing? If not can you get it installed afterwards on a used Civic ? Many thanks :p

A few different things going on here :-
  • If the car has the SatNav screen built into the upper centre of the dash, then the HFT and voice-activated controls come as part of the same electronic package ...
  • If the car doesn't, you could (in theory at least) retro-fit the package, just as long as you acquired all the necessary parts and were prepared to shell out a simply huge amount of dosh ...
  • If the car doesn't, you could fit the separate HFT package (mounts on the A-pillar) and the Honda compact SatNav (sits on top of the dash) - but you still wouldn't have voice activated controls, and these two 'add-ons' won't be exactly cheap either ...
So, I'd forget any thought of retro-fitting whatsoever, especially if we're talking about buying a used Civic ...

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
And, hands-free phone aside, I almost never use the voice activated features. Easier to push a button to turn the radio on or twiddle a dial to change the temperature than to have an argument with the car over what I did or didn't say...

A nice gimmick and fun to play with for the first week of ownership, but after that, it's far easier to push a button!

·
Administrator
20,951 Posts
How true

All I tend to use the HFT for is the telephone and shouting "Home" to the SatNav.

Heating, Radio is easier by button.

·
9,228 Posts
I mostly use the voice controls for the AC ...

1} Leaving home in the morning, it's "Climate Control - Defrost" ...

2} When it's time, then it's "Climate Control - Full Automatic" ...

Also often used for the CD player, to replay or go to a specific track ...

Gimmick ? - oh, yes - but I do love it ! ...

·
Administrator
20,951 Posts
On mine I find the 'CC Full Auto' of 23°C too hot, even at this time of year.

Mine is set on 20°C both sides and is 'cosy' :D

·
9,228 Posts
On mine I find the 'CC Full Auto' of 23°C too hot, even at this time of year.

Mine is set on 20°C both sides and is 'cosy' :D
23°C ? - "Full Auto" on mine has always been 22°C ! - can the default be changed ? ...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts