2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought a 2015 Honda Civic Type R sat nav unit to replace my non sat nav version in a 2016 Civic Sport. I have had it recoded and everything works fine except the volume is very low. I am told by the re-coder that the unit thinks I have a Bose amplifier system so the volume is turned down accordingly. They say I will have to get a Honda dealer to clear this problem for me. I have an Autel unit so if I knew how to, I guess I could do this myself, any ideas please as I don’t think my dealer will be interested as it’s still under warranty.

·
Registered
871 Posts
So I bought a 2015 Honda Civic Type R sat nav unit to replace my non sat nav version in a 2016 Civic Sport. I have had it recoded and everything works fine except the volume is very low. I am told by the re-coder that the unit thinks I have a Bose amplifier system so the volume is turned down accordingly. They say I will have to get a Honda dealer to clear this problem for me. I have an Autel unit so if I knew how to, I guess I could do this myself, any ideas please as I don’t think my dealer will be interested as it’s still under warranty.

Did you not read my reply to your other post on this subject???

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/electronics-ice-9g/389113-sound-problem-sat-nav.html#post5080177

You will need an external amp, as the unit you have bought is a Premium Audio unit, as fitted to all 2015 Type R with Navigation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts