2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I would like to do an experiment with users that have 8th gen civics with the HFT factory kit installed.

If you have the parasitic draw issue, this would be even better.

After replying to one of my how to's i noticed something in the service manual

The effected circuit which is fuse 35 which powers a relay which activates upon the key going into POSI

I need a user of one of these cars to see if the cig light, accessory power socket and possibly option connector pin 6

If your getting power out of the cig lighters and maybe even pin 6 on the option connector the issue might be the accessory cut relay sticking in the Normally Open position

As you can see in this picture the accessory cut relay provides power to fuse 35 which provides power to hands free

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
I have no idea if it's any help, but I usually have a phone charger plugged into the front cigarette lighter socket, this always powers down when the key is removed.

·
Registered
71 Posts
What do you mean by the parasitic draw issue ? Never heard the term before
It's when some unit/module continues to consume electricity from the battery when the ignition is off, car is locked and so on.Usually the car modules go to "sleep mode" 10-15 minutes after the locking of the car, but when there is a parasitic draw and if the consumption is big amount of Amps, you can finish with flat battery for a short period of time.

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Grey, I had the issue and since disconnecting the HFT my "flat battery" issues have gone. What exactly do you need me to check?

Chris

·
Super Moderator
7,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
check if you get +12v from the cig lighter, option connector pin 6 when the key is out.

This issue might be a sticking accessory cut relay

1 - 6 of 6 Posts