2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, last week I got a warning light in my dash. ABS and VSA whilst driving and then it turned off after a bit. A few days later it popped up and back off. My brakes are working fine and have done an emergency brake too.

This week, the same lights popped up and also the engine management light and then turned off.

My central locking stopped working, and then started to work, the car wouldn't start no electrics at all, then a few moments later started.

The windows wouldn't open and then started to open.

When turning at slow speed, say reverse parking, if the lights are on, the steering is stiff, but if they are off then the steering is as expected.

The main beams have also triggered it to come on, but then when I tried the beams again, it never triggered it.

I've been to the local garage and he's saying they need these lights to be on so he can diagnose the fault with the computer but there are intermittent at the moment and have been for a few weeks.

They can come on for 2 mins or come on and stay on through out the whole drive whether its 5mins or 55mins.

I've ordered OBD2 Bluetooth scanner from eBay, for a couple of quid , thought why not. Just gonna download the app.

I'm assuming this may be an electrical fault for all of these issues.

Are there anything I could try or look out for?

Thank you

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
308 Posts
Check for loose connections on the battery, and check the ground from battery for starters :)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll check the battery connections.

Not sure how old that is, had the car for like a year or so.

Alternator seems to be fine, battery seemed good, hasn't struggled to start

·
Administrator
17,968 Posts
Okay, check out the alternator charging rare with a multi meter tho.

Do you do mostly short journeys?

Have you recently been playing the radio/etc with ignition off?

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay, check out the alternator charging rare with a multi meter tho.

Do you do mostly short journeys?

Have you recently been playing the radio/etc with ignition off?
I'll get that checked.

Nope, its a mixed between short < 20 mins and long >over 40 minutes.

The stereo is wired to work only if car keys are in. Even if the keys are in and the car isn't started, I keep it off as I've heard about how crap some batteries are.

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
My battery died quickly . One day it was fine, the next morning the car wouldn't Start and the electrics were doing weird things

Should get around 14 volts on the multimeter with the car started and the alternator being ok.

Might be time to change battery.

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not sure whether this has now been sorted. Only time will tell.

The connections to the battery was loose so I tightened them up and the volts was 14.4.

The side passenger front window does not open using the controls on the drivers side door. All the other windows do open and it opens if I use the controls on that door.

Is there a fuse I should look out for?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts