2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had my car fixed with new top mounts and struts, driving home, switched car off, switched back on, and the ABS and VSA light has popped up. Based off the forum, I should be checking my brake fluid and fuse. The brake fluid seems fine, but I am unsure what fuse belongs to what. The Honda Civic booklet confused me more to which fuse I should be looking at:

Attached is picture:

Can someone point me to which of the following the VSA fuse?

Further more, where is the inside fuse box located so I can check the ABS fuse??

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Firstly,

You can search this forum or use google. Either way this link might assist you...

Fusebox Diagrams - Civinfo Wiki

If your fluid level is ok then most likely the strut replacement tech has disconnected the ABS sensor wire during the task, and not reconnected it.

Or,

The work has dislodged some ferrous material onto the ABS sensor on the wheel hub. This can be cleaned off carefully.

If these fail then it is likely that the ABS sensor wire has been damaged as the strut can be replaced by removing the hub and supporting it temporarily until the new strut is fitted and the
ABS wire support clip is refitted to the strut.

I would suspect the fuse only if the above do not address the fault as it would be highly coincidental if the fuse fail and strut change occurred at the same time.

Failure or fault of the ABS automatically fails the VSA as the latter requires the former to be fully functional.

Check all the above anyhow then take it to your local garage and have the ABS tested, this will find the 'hard fault' if it persists.

ABS sensors are available for around £ 30 each but are fiddly to replace.

There are sensor change guides on this forum, you can search for those too.

Or better still return it to the trader that replaced the struts and have them rectify it. In the meantime you have no abs or vsa, obviously. Drive carefully

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info Immelman. I had my car diagnosed and it seems as though the front right sensor had gone based off the diagnostics machine. He checked all the fuses and they are all live. He disconnected the wire and tried reconnecting it but same thing occured. He tried overriding it by disabling the sensor altogether with the machine but after the first skid the lights flung back up. Overall quoted me £100 supply and fit.

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
:D Reasonable price for an hours work plus spares. Ask them to check the old sensor for damage caused during your strut work.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:D Reasonable price for an hours work plus spares. Ask them to check the old sensor for damage caused during your strut work.
Couldnt really notice any visible damage, but he did state that whoever was removing the shocks most likely ended up removing the hub aswell where the sensor was attached, causing it damage. Got a friend who works at a parts shop who sourced me a Blu Print sensor. Overall, got the sensor fitted, and diagnostics reset all for £80.00. Honda wanted £150 for the sensor alone.

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
ABS light

Hi bud
From a couple of day some time when I try to break their was a clicking noise coming from under the feet from break paddle. This morning when I check the break oil it was low but not that low I mean was touching low level mark so I top it up with dot 3 break fluid but when I start the car the ABS light to gather with VSA light came on any suggestions or help please
Thanks

·
Administrator
17,935 Posts
Have you read the error codes?

Maybe you have a wheel sensor fail at the same time? - odd tho.

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Hi bud
From a couple of day some time when I try to break their was a clicking noise coming from under the feet from break paddle. This morning when I check the break oil it was low but not that low I mean was touching low level mark so I top it up with dot 3 break fluid but when I start the car the ABS light to gather with VSA light came on any suggestions or help please
Thanks
As Farqui says you need someone to do a brake diagnostic test.

ABS usually clicks when it activates either under heavy braking or if road surface is slippery so this MAY be normal. If you can apply firm brake pedal pressure with the car stationary and there is no noise/clicking then its unlikely to be the pedal itself.

After starting, If the lights remain on, ABS sensors can fail intermittantly so vsa and abs lights illuminate and then after restarting they clear and work fine for days or weeks until playing up again.

Also worth first checking tyre pressure/wear is normal/even and sometimes budget tyres can throw up occasional faults.

Its unlikely to be brake fluid level if it was just above 'lo'

1 - 8 of 8 Posts