2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys,

Hope you are all enjoying the weekend!..I'm not!!:mad::mad:

My civic VSA and ABS warning lights are displayed on the dash!! Do you know what this could be a cause of? Prior to this my horn stopped working, and now the toggle button on the steering wheel won't let me select options to look through distance to empty tank, mpg, seat belt status etc!

Any help appreciated as always!!

Edit: This may also help, fitted HID lights two weeks ago if this messes with thte system?

Andy

·
Civinfo's Bulb Supplier
13,427 Posts
Possibly, check your fuses, for that many things to go at once or within a short space of time is weird.

The VSA is part of the ABS system, I think they run on the same fuse, if it's gone it might through the fault up, the same goes for the other bits.

The reason I asked about if you were the first owner is I have seen problems before on cars after accident damage, i.e airbags, steering wheel, horn faults.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cheers! tbh i wouldnt know where to start to look for these faults! May just be a case of taking a day off during the week to go down to the dealers..:mad:

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
did the lights worked fine after the fitting? these errors happened only 2 weeks after using the HID?

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi guys,

I went down to the dealers today and this was the fuse! (thanks MR JP) Fuse number 21 includes the headlights and the horn; after I pushed the horn this blew the fuse!!:rolleyes: For some reason however, this then resulted in the VSA and ABS lights flashing on the dash:(:(! With an uprated amp..all is now well!!:cool::cool:

I was worried that the Honda dealership (Springfield Newcastle) would not follow up their top notch sales service; but from 8:15 this morning I identified the problem; technician took the car in within 15 minutes to check the car. He explained that he replaced the fuse but this blew again! :mad: ..he then went on to show me how to test fuses myself saving him time and me money!!! :p:p:p

cheers!

Edit: CW Type R in the showroom was beautiful!

·
Civinfo's Bulb Supplier
13,427 Posts
Yesssssssssssss :D

Well done matey, I thought it would be a fuse, if you keep blowing them you might have to investigate further into the HID's and any other electrical add ons you might have.

Anyway that must have cheered you up knowing it's nothing serious.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yesssssssssssss :D

Well done matey, I thought it would be a fuse, if you keep blowing them you might have to investigate further into the HID's and any other electrical add ons you might have.

Anyway that must have cheered you up knowing it's nothing serious.
Oh yeah definately! :p:p I couldn't drive without them in the night now so it would be a problem if I had to take them out! :mad::mad: Cheers for your help!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts