2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all can someone help me *** 09 civic driving home from shopping today and then noticed that traction control light was flashing and engine started to struggle it happend twice on my way home anyone have any ideas thinking to ring my local Honda tomoz as I have the extended warranty thanks.

·
#darkside
2,238 Posts
Crap tyres and rain cause that sort of effect too.. Vsa seems to cut power on the rain when crap tyres used due to lack of wet grip.

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Crap tyres and rain cause that sort of effect too.. Vsa seems to cut power on the rain when crap tyres used due to lack of wet grip.
Hi thanks for your input I should of stated that I know that happens but I was on a 40mph duel carriage way without bends and maintaining that speed when I had that problem thanks again

·
#darkside
2,238 Posts
Hi thanks for your input I should of stated that I know that happens but I was on a 40mph duel carriage way without bends and maintaining that speed when I had that problem thanks again
In that case grease on the maf sensor. A quick (but very careful) clean would be a good idea if you don't mind fiddling. Not cheap mind

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
I doubt its that as it would be constant and how does grease get on the MAF

Cleaning the Maf is not required on the 8th gen. I have not heard of one failing yet?

Edit , cleaning them usually breaks the element anyway

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
Could be anything from a vacuum leak or dodgy lambda etc to batch of dodgy fuel.

Basic checks you could do is trace the inlet track for splits and leak, check the plugs etetc .

Like said above taken it gently to Honda and hopefully its logged a code and take it from there.

Let us know how you get on pal

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Could be anything from a vacuum leak or dodgy lambda etc to batch of dodgy fuel.

Basic checks you could do is trace the inlet track for splits and leak, check the plugs etetc .

Like said above taken it gently to Honda and hopefully its logged a code and take it from there.

Let us know how you get on pal
Thanks mate I will give my local Honda Dealer a call tomorrow because I paid for extended warranty mate thanks I will let u know as soon as I know more thanks for your input

·
aka Paul
4,524 Posts
Yeah that's for the best. There's no point in guessing, it's best to get it diagnosed properly :)

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi guys I couldn't get to Honda today due to the floods lol I will rearrange appointment for the beginning of next week but the problem has not reoccurred since Sunday do you think it is still worth taking it or wait for it to happen again I will keep u unformed

·
aka Paul
4,524 Posts
There should be an error recorded in the ecu. Might as fell find out what it is.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts