2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.
I don't know if anyone can help, but annoyingly, the VSA light is permanently on, on my wife's FN2. It was intermittent initially, but now it will come on with just the ignition, without even starting the car.
I can see lots of threads with the ABS light or both lights on, but I'm just getting the VSA.
Could it be the same sensors and one has failed, or is it something very different?
Thanks for any help.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update

All the fluids are good. Battery is also new.
However, I must have the nicest local garage. Just dropped it down to him so that we could plug it in to diagnostics. He didn't charge me! What a star!
It's the front left ABS sensor!
Even though it was not showing up an ABS fault, just VSA, it's still a faulty sensor.
I know what I'm doing this weekend now.
Thanks for your help guys, but at least now if someone else has the same VSA warning light and nothing else as I do, default back to an ABS sensor.

·
Bye bye Honda...
5,822 Posts
Hopefully it'll not be stuck and and so won't need drilling out! But if it does need drilling, be very careful to not let the drill bit penetrate any further than necessary.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not sure if it's dirty or faulty yet, until I get under there. The reading for s short drive did show the sensor working but with brief dropout's so want to check for dirt or any breaks in the wire before stumping up for a sensor.
I'll keep you posted.

·
Premium Member
511 Posts
I’m not trying to sound patronising or anything genuinely trying to help but the VSA isn’t turned off is it? My light eliminates when I turn mine off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Bye bye Honda...
5,822 Posts
I'm not sure if it's dirty or faulty yet, until I get under there. The reading for s short drive did show the sensor working but with brief dropout's so want to check for dirt or any breaks in the wire before stumping up for a sensor.
I'll keep you posted.
The error code should have been specific about the problem, e.g. whether the sensor is open or short-circuit, or whether the sensor data is somehow unacceptable.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts