2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
never switched the vsa off on my type r so far.

just wondering if it makes a difference of not????

·
Premium Member
914 Posts
Excellent wiki article

With the benefit of VSA to protect you, there seems no benefit having the car geometry set up for understeer (safer for most people). I am tempted to have ABB set up the front wheel geometry for more neutral handling now.
Well, there's always a latency for the ESP (VSA) to react so it may make sense to have a defensive setup, it's not a race car after all. Combining a changed setup with VSA might affect handling, but I thing in a negative sense (since the ESP/VSA was programmed for the default setup it may intervene too fast or too often). So if you are planning to race-tune your car, maybe it's then better to have the ESP/VSA off altogether on track, _but_ I'm not sure if it's possible (on many cars it goes back on automatically at >50 km/h or with the first slip of the wheels) :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Well, there's always a latency for the ESP (VSA) to react so it may make sense to have a defensive setup, it's not a race car after all. Combining a changed setup with VSA might affect handling, but I thing in a negative sense (since the ESP/VSA was programmed for the default setup it may intervene too fast or too often). So if you are planning to race-tune your car, maybe it's then better to have the ESP/VSA off altogether on track, _but_ I'm not sure if it's possible (on many cars it goes back on automatically at >50 km/h or with the first slip of the wheels) :confused:
I was thinking of doing the following (as Quoted by ABP):

- ABP Fast-Road geometry set-up including adjustable front camber bolts £125.00 inc vat (ABP can also set up the geometry to Honda exact spec - as they say it is often out of tolerance - this is what I would go for)

- Adjustable front camber bolts (pair) £35.00 inc vat

This work gets very good feedback from those who have had it done (see Type R forum)

I am no racer, but would like to have the benefit of an even nicer steering car for only £160.

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
in this weather i find its better to keep it on to stop any unexpected understeer when booting it round roundabouts but its always good to turn it off when you fancy seeing some smoke from your front wheels!

·
geekess
3,638 Posts
My routine:

Get in the car, start her up, Turn VSA off :D
It buggers me when VSA kicks in flooring it and the car is very easy to manouver without help from electronics..

Thrill seeking Scandinavians - what else would you expect [smilie=tongue.gif];);)

No surprise that they produce some of the best rally drivers in the world

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
the VSA is very good on the wet and slippy corners and roundabouts! it compleatly eliminates any under and oversteer so gets you round nice and neatly and very fast! it can be boring though but i know that i will turn it off one day and regrett it!

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
I turn mine off regularly, I must admit I havn't had it turn back on by itself yet, barring turning off the the ignition. The VSA cuts in far too much for my liking, evening hwen 'taking off' at a moderately low speed.

Tom

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
Have had really icy roads for two days.

It is worth having on.

It can´t defy the laws of physics, but I played around a little (in a safe area) and it does a better job than I thought it would when turning at too high speed.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Also when the oute wheel pair hits deep slush the VSA does a very good job, and I'm quite happy to avoid having this job.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts