2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I/m thinking of doing a lap at the nordschleife in germany. But my quistion is, do i need to switch off the vsa or leaf it on? And why is that?

·
Registered
356 Posts
On a short twisty track you would probably get fed up with traction control interfering, so better with vsa off.

However although i have not driven the Noedschleife i have seen many videos and its a very fast flowing track, and i personally would keep the vsa on as a safety net.

Have a look on U Tube for videos of people driving the circuit, looks awesome.

Have a great time and do another post to tell us whats it like.

·
Dr. Evil
3,831 Posts
Off, don't be a nancy :p

·
I drive my Mistress...
874 Posts
If you have it on, you can push the car a little harder. If it is off, you have to be more aware of speeds at turn in. I did several laps at Hockenheim and I enjoyed it much more with VSA off. Hope this helps.

Sctrpop used Tapatalk to post this!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
VSA off always =P

every time i drive my car its like this: Start button >> VSA off, almost in the same second =P

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I drove the track last sunday on the passengersseat. It was great.
The nordschleife is only one hour from here. So the next time i want to drive it myself. So its better to drive without..? I'm not going for a fast lap, just 4 fun.

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
Driving at speeds on a track the VSA will not help you if things go wrong, whilst on track turn it off for a better experience. :D

·
Registered
69 Posts
VSA MUST BE OFF. I have driven the Type R on many circuits and having the VSA on will only interfere when trying to feed the power on through the corners. In my experience, the only time I had VSA on whilst on track (only because I'd forgotten to turn it off) it actually made the car more dangerous as it would take away the power, upsetting the balance and nearly through me into the armco. Obviously I do a lot of track days and testing so I'm fairly used to driving at pace and I would say I have fairly good car control. If you're a little less experienced, then you probably won't be driving quite as quick and the VSA won't have such a negative affect. Plus, your first time at the ring you will taking extreme care as it takes a VERY long time to learn the track

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
lift your blindfold up, turn off VSA, then pull your blindfold down again, you'll be fine......

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok thanks everyone. So it will be OFF! ;)

You will see the movie when i finished the track ...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts