2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering which is better? Find my fn2 struggles for grip off the line even with the LSD. Herd other people have the same issue too, revs kind of bog down easily. Looking to do Santa pod next year against my mates stripped out 106 gti and don't want to get embarrased

·
I'm going fast again!
1,137 Posts
:lol:

The VSA button scares me. I always think I'll turn it off and at the next corner the car won't turn in and I'll end up down a ditch. :eek:

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Me too, you certainly can't throw the car into the corner at the same speed

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
Ninja edit :lol:

In answer to your main post what you say is too things, You say it struggles for grip but it bogs down, bogging down is not enough power or too much clutch. Im not one for hard starts tbh and don't do traffic light GPs ( usually) what I will say a certain amount of wheel slip is needed for a good launch 4-5% and id say VSA off would be better.

Just be ready to control the throttle and not mash it as you will just smash the limiter and not actually be anywhere different.

The Pod glue the track too which gives a lot of grip so you need more throttle to accelerate and slip. Just don't do a jerry and bog down and **** your diff onto the tarmac :(

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Guess you have to learn how to drive it without the traction control. Certainly got the right setup though

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
TBH I drive with it mostly on, with good tyres etc it actually does have a decent chassis and only on the absolute limit would you turn it off ( track etc) with oem diff. When it does let go it does so very predictably and is very easily controlled, held or corrected.

Whats the worst can happen :D

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So would you recommend vsa off when launching?was thinking 4,000 rpm dump the clutch should get a good start

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ninja edit :lol:

In answer to your main post what you say is too things, You say it struggles for grip but it bogs down, bogging down is not enough power or too much clutch. Im not one for hard starts tbh and don't do traffic light GPs ( usually) what I will say a certain amount of wheel slip is needed for a good launch 4-5% and id say VSA off would be better.

Just be ready to control the throttle and not mash it as you will just smash the limiter and not actually be anywhere different.

The Pod glue the track too which gives a lot of grip so you need more throttle to accelerate and slip. Just don't do a jerry and bog down and **** your diff onto the tarmac :(
Thanks for the info I will have a play around with the vsa off. Got the gear changes spot, just getting off the line now

·
Premium Member
6,562 Posts
Dave. Stoney is absolutely spot on with his posting IMO. I drive with the VSA on only when I'm being a good DEZI. Also as for dumping the clutch @ 4000rpm :(

Basically what stoned lol

?THE BITCH?

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
Don't dump the clutch I tried this at 5k revs as per YouTube clip I'd watched all I did was sound like I went fast and Smell like I'd melted my clutch !

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
just stick to the original.. :)

·
Premium Member
2,617 Posts
Control the clutch to keep the revs up. You have access to more power higher up the rev range, dumping the clutch just causes the engine to bog down. Let the clutch out immediately just beyond the biting point and you will eventually work out how much you can drop it before wheel spin happens. Then open the throttle whilst accelerating, again it is practice that will tell you how much you can do this. I have driven cars where the quickest launch was to have full throttle from the start and the clutch is used to control the wheel spin. This is ok for a track car when you have lots of spare clutches! For you it is a practice to find out how far you can push it. A little tip also is to wheel spin the tyres before doing this. You want them warmed up, you get alot more grip.

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
If felt as though the VSA was kicking in and limiting the power
You'll tell if it is as the VSA indicator on the dash will flash up.

For pulling away from a standstill quickly I always turn it off - bit different for me though in the 2.2 in terms of my torque peak.

·
Registered
307 Posts
:lol:

The VSA button scares me. I always think I'll turn it off and at the next corner the car won't turn in and I'll end up down a ditch. :eek:
ep3 coped perfectly fine without vsa

i turn mine off

but leave it on if its wet

1 - 20 of 28 Posts