2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm new to this site and just bought a 2007 type r and the vtec light doesn't work or the rev lights I have got them both on in the settings in the info on the dash ,the rev lights light up with the ignition first turns on then nothing I have cained the ass of it and still nothing , are they connected to the vtec solenoid at all or has anybody else came across this problem and sorted it hope someone can shed some light on it for me pardon the pun , many thank marcus

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Hi I'm new to this site and just bought a 2007 type r and the vtec light doesn't work or the rev lights I have got them both on in the settings in the info on the dash ,the rev lights light up with the ignition first turns on then nothing I have cained the ass of it and still nothing , are they connected to the vtec solenoid at all or has anybody else came across this problem and sorted it hope someone can shed some light on it for me pardon the pun , many thank marcus
Does vtec engage?? Have you gone to redline?

Sent from my 4.2.1 Jellybean Galaxy Nexus

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It still goes like stink but not sure if vtec is cutting in would this cause the lights not to come on tho

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
To the rev limiter but only done this to see if the lights came on don't usually take it to the redline as not good for the engine to have the valves bouncing

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
To the rev limiter but only done this to see if the lights came on don't usually take it to the redline as not good for the engine to have the valves bouncing
Rev limit goes past the redline. ;-)

Valves won't bounce to that much degree, the engine is built to withstand a beating as long as you change oil and filter regularly.

Sent from my 4.2.1 Jellybean Galaxy Nexus

·
Premium Member
6,705 Posts
You don't have them turned on then.

Handbrake on, key to pos II, press and hold the i button. Scroll through the menus.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes I have them turned on (setup on) on dash info the rev amber lights come on with the ignition first turned on but nothing after that

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It is on I've even set it back to default and disconnected the battery and turned both on again , I can show you a picture but not sure how to put it into a thread

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Guess ill have to get it into the stealers see if they can sort it , if anyone has any answers much appreciated

1 - 20 of 31 Posts