2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Gary
3,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was driving along the motorway today cruising along at 80 and was wondering what speed vtec would kick in at 6th gear

has anyone ever done it if so what speed and do you still feel the pull?

cheers

·
Premium Member
1,274 Posts
I sure i got mine in about 112-115mph.

·
Premium Member
1,687 Posts
mine kicks in at 70! but i think it would be 105-110 standard

·
Premium Member
1,274 Posts
Yip same vtec noise as any other gear. It maybe about 105, it was a while ago ans cant remember for sure.

·
Registered
302 Posts
mine kicks in at exactly 110 on track, and yes the engine note changes although the pull obviously isn't as full on as lower down..braking for the first corner at combe at 115 is quite exilerating although i suspect a lot of ctr owners will never take the car that far..

·
Gary
3,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mine kicks in at exactly 110 on track, and yes the engine note changes although the pull obviously isn't as full on as lower down..braking for the first corner at combe at 115 is quite exilerating although i suspect a lot of ctr owners will never take the car that far..
i didnt have the balls to try it lol

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
about 115mph for vtec in 6th for me. :)

·
i-VTEC - DO YOU?
3,111 Posts
I was close to red lining 5th at Avon Rise, which was a shade under 120 - at those speeds didn't even blink never mind look off the road! Next time I'll have to put the camera on the other side to catch the speedo... :p

·
Registered
684 Posts
Vtec would kick in with part throttle at about 75 mph if the vtec engagment point has been lowered to around 3800 rpm like with the flashpro maps.

To kick in on the stock map at 5400, I would of thought you would have to be doing well over 100 mph.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I was close to red lining 5th at Avon Rise, which was a shade under 120 - at those speeds didn't even blink never mind look off the road! Next time I'll have to put the camera on the other side to catch the speedo... :p
avon rise is awsome and also dean straight gives chance to boot it :p back there in a couple of weeks for action day with track time booked :D

1 - 20 of 46 Posts