2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a DC2 Integra before I bought my FN2. Vtec was obviously more raw on the B series engine. While I love my FN2, I miss the sound of the vtec changeover. I drove my mates DC5 last week, and it just showed how quiet the changeover in the FN2 is.
Anybody else think this? Any cheap/good ways of getting the vtec note a little more throaty?! What air filter are you lads running? Did it make any difference?

·
Premium Member
1,354 Posts
HKS RSK is said to be loudest, potential can of worms being opened here as to how effective it is, but in terms in noise, it seems the loudest!

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HKS RSK is said to be loudest, potential can of worms being opened here as to how effective it is, but in terms in noise, it seems the loudest!
I suppose I am opening a can of worms here regarding filters!
Changing the noise of vtec is something I would love to do......however, I don't want to compromise any bhp's for that ;). My car is standard and I had it dyno'd a few months ago on a very, very tough dyno and it put out 201.6 bhp and I don't want to lose any of them :p

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
The B series do sound the best my ek9 had the standard b16b in it then a skunk cam'ed dc2 b18, you can't match the noise :)

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
HKS RSK all the way, keeps the standard feel of the car when not in vtec, but once you hit vtec the sound is unreal definatly worth every penny.

You won't lose any horses might gain 1 or 2, also it feels a lot better mid range after fitting.

Get yourself to a meet and have a ride.

Sent by me

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
HKS RSK all the way, keeps the standard feel of the car when not in vtec, but once you hit vtec the sound is unreal definatly worth every penny.

You won't lose any horses might gain 1 or 2, also it feels a lot better mid range after fitting.

Get yourself to a meet and have a ride.

Sent by me
Would love to but I live in Dublin so no meets around here unfortunately!

Thanks for the replys lads, think it's time I bought the HKS RSK filter. Where can I buy one online? I had a look last night and couldn't find them!

·
768 Posts
When i plan to hit :VTECSMILEY: (when im in 'that' mood) I turn my radio off (so i get full effect) and i love it.

Not long now until i get my HKS RSK + Milltek + FRS :D

Probably wont be using radio much at all when i get them...

·
Registered
319 Posts
Yeah deffo RSK.. it is truly an amazing noise! I have my car for sale and I will be selling my HKS RSK when I get a viewing so if you want to wait you could snap mine off me for a discounted rate. The noise is amazing and even better with milltek which I will also be selling.

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Its approximately £350 most people have seen gains! And the vast majority didnt need a remap unlike most other inductions!
Yeah I thought it was about that. Unfortunately that is out of my budget, and if I was going to spend that sort of cash at the moment, I would prefer to get a front GP splitter!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts