2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I bought an 07 type-r in december, it currently has 115k on the clock. I had it serviced at a honda dealer in march, which included the valve clearance check.

I do a lot of motorway driving, and don't use the vote an awful lot. i've noticed it seems to be coming in twice, once at around 5300 revs, then at about 6500 or 7000. Is that normal? I don't think it was doing that a few months ago.

I sorted out the squeaky clutch pedal by looking at advice on here. I have another squeak, it comes from the back left hand wheel, it's not the suspension, but is periodic when driving up to about 15mph, then stops as I get faster. Doesn't happen when I start off, so makes me think it could have something to do with the brakes rubbing, but I've taken it to 2 garages, both have had the wheel off and can't find anything. Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

Daniel

Oh, and it's the best car I've ever had!!

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,275 Posts
Hi all

I bought an 07 type-r in december, it currently has 115k on the clock. I had it serviced at a honda dealer in march, which included the valve clearance check.

I do a lot of motorway driving, and don't use the vote an awful lot. i've noticed it seems to be coming in twice, once at around 5300 revs, then at about 6500 or 7000. Is that normal? I don't think it was doing that a few months ago.

I sorted out the squeaky clutch pedal by looking at advice on here. I have another squeak, it comes from the back left hand wheel, it's not the suspension, but is periodic when driving up to about 15mph, then stops as I get faster. Doesn't happen when I start off, so makes me think it could have something to do with the brakes rubbing, but I've taken it to 2 garages, both have had the wheel off and can't find anything. Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

Daniel

Oh, and it's the best car I've ever had!!
For the squeal I'd pop off the caliper and pads and give them a quick clean and grease the backs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HiQ took off the wheels and greased the brakes. What is the low pad indicator? does it make a noise?

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,275 Posts
It squeals on the pads before you reach metal and trash your rotors ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It causes a right squeal, I remember mine literally appeared within seconds of braking, i found it embarrassing & didn't hang about getting them changed
No, this is when I pull off. it's embarrassing, particularly when in traffic. it's weird, it's not every revolution of the wheel. About 3 squeaks a second up to about 15 mph, then it stops as i go faster. doesn't happen when slowing down, and it stops when i put on the brake

·
Registered
48 Posts
I had this squeak on one side, the is 5 things: low pad indicator, hard to ignore for any amount of time. Brake pads lazy and needing cleaning and greasing. The leaver at the back of the caliper that controls handbrake can get lazy not release as its spring loaded duckoil and pliers can free this off.
Calapsed brake line, least likely put the wheel in the air get someone to press your pedal it should release instantly.

Last of all and on mine, it really does sound like brake pad noise, is rear shock absorber and it only makes the noise from 5-15mph I had to split the components up to find this out swapped the shocks over and the squeak changed sides. I tried greasing parts of the shock with silicone grease but this didn't cure, Honda had a TSB for greasing them,

Maybe helpful to somebody

·
regrets his username
7,979 Posts
No, this is when I pull off. it's embarrassing, particularly when in traffic. it's weird, it's not every revolution of the wheel. About 3 squeaks a second up to about 15 mph, then it stops as i go faster. doesn't happen when slowing down, and it stops when i put on the brake
Mine was only on slow speeds, I braked at a roundabout, pulled off & "SCREECH" disappeared once speed picked up & reappeared at the next junction

·
Registered
45 Posts
Daniel, yeah mine has that squeek also, especially on a cooler morning. It's nothing to worry about - a common thing with this car.
Most dealers are aware of it, or should be. There is no fix as such. Sometimes greasing the rear suspension bushes cure it for a while but the noise always returns.
To me, it's sounds identical to when you are driving up or down the ramps in a multi-storey car park and you get a bit of tyre squeek.

Regarding the VTEC issues, mine also sometimes does it when I'm not fully committed to pushing hard.
Make sure you put your foot down and don't lift.
It could also show a low oil level but if the cars just been serviced I wouldn't have thought that would be a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts