2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
I noticed when giving it the beans I get a strange smell in the car. I'm not sure if it's the engine, smells more like rubber. Could it be the tyres burning a bit of rubber with the speed or something?
Not unless you're getting tyre slip

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
I wouldn't worry too much about it matey, happens to me now and again when I haven't given it some welly in a while. I find it goes away 5-10 secs after VTEC. If it still persists I'd get it checked out at a local garage.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Yeah it does go after a while. Could it be coz my normal journey to work is all 30mph and it's just blowing the cobwebs off so to speak?

No. You need to put some relaxing music on the stereo and go easy. Its your clutch.

It's a commute, not a grand prix :)

·
GC
4,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No. You need to put some relaxing music on the stereo and go easy. Its your clutch.

Lol :)

I didn't buy this car to not drive it hard once in a while. Don't think it would do the engine much good if I didn't let it get up to temp and have a good run out a few times a week :)

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
Mine stopped doing it when I wipped the cat off.

·
geekess
3,638 Posts
Lol :)

I didn't buy this car to not drive it hard once in a while. Don't think it would do the engine much good if I didn't let it get up to temp and have a good run out a few times a week :)
Too right. It's a car that begs to be driven hard and to have some fun with.

I always think of that burning smell as the smell of vtec :D

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts

There's a difference? :lol:

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
Many people have noticed this including me. It's the exhaust getting hot and burning off all the crap that accumulates on it.

It is definitely not the clutch.
+1

I occasionally smell this er...aroma when giving it the beans. Just put it down to the engine or exhaust getting hot.

Sent from my Sony Xperia S using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
134 Posts
+1

I occasionally smell this er...aroma when giving it the beans. Just put it down to the engine or exhaust getting hot.

Sent from my Sony Xperia S using Tapatalk 2
+2

I get that smell most of the time after giving it the beans. Can smell it from around the exhaust and back tyres area.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts