2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings :)

Nice to find such a great forum. I don't have my new Civic yet, but I should take delivery next Tuesday. Never thought I'd have a brand new car again, but the Honda sale is on with £3000 off a new one, and 0% finance, so I took the plunge.

Feeling a little bit nervous and hoping I don't get a bad one having read through the pages of issues and problems that people seem to have had, but the one I test drove was beautiful, so quiet, comfortable and seemingly very well built. Love the wrap-round dash and digital displays, bet it looks great at night. Everything felt so solid, and I think the 9G is an incredible looking car.

Would have loved an SR or EX-Plus for the leather trim, but pennies wouldn't quite stretch to that, so I've gone for the SE-Plus 1.8 Auto in polished metal. This will actually be my 3rd Civic, had one in the 1980s, a 2 door 1st generation I think, pretty sure it was a 1977 model, then I had another in 1997 1.6ES CVT. Seems they've come a long way in all those years.

I'll let you know how I get on and how the car is next week! Getting very excited..:D

Bests,
Jamie.

·
Redline Monster
1,575 Posts
Hello mate & welcome to Civinfo

·
Supporter
3,159 Posts
Greetings :)

Nice to find such a great forum. I don't have my new Civic yet, but I should take delivery next Tuesday. Never thought I'd have a brand new car again, but the Honda sale is on with £3000 off a new one, and 0% finance, so I took the plunge.

Feeling a little bit nervous and hoping I don't get a bad one having read through the pages of issues and problems that people seem to have had, but the one I test drove was beautiful, so quiet, comfortable and seemingly very well built. Love the wrap-round dash and digital displays, bet it looks great at night. Everything felt so solid, and I think the 9G is an incredible looking car.

Would have loved an SR or EX-Plus for the leather trim, but pennies wouldn't quite stretch to that, so I've gone for the SE-Plus 1.8 Auto in polished metal. This will actually be my 3rd Civic, had one in the 1980s, a 2 door 1st generation I think, pretty sure it was a 1977 model, then I had another in 1997 1.6ES CVT. Seems they've come a long way in all those years.

I'll let you know how I get on and how the car is next week! Getting very excited..:D

Bests,
Jamie.
Nice, the 9g does not have many issues, just some niggly points, very refined drive and a nice place to be

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the welcomes :) Not been given a date yet, hopefully next Tuesday. Glad to learn the 9G seems to be problem free, and "over engineered" is nice to know. Have to say, I'm trading in my 2007 Legend for this, and when I test drove the Civic, it didn't feel in any way that I was down-grading, in fact it was a much nicer ride and just as quiet if not quieter. I will miss the leather trim and the glorious V6 engine, but I know there are big expenses coming up for it such as timing belt, £500 road tax and a major service all in May, and after that I've still got a 7.5 year old car which won't get any younger.

I've made the mistake before of spending thousands on an old car to keep it on the road because I like it too much to part with it, but in the end you get nothing back and to think of all that money you could have put into a new car, it's a bit silly really.

Cheers to all.

·
Whistlin' on a Tuesday...
1,165 Posts
Welcome to the forum, nice choice.

Can't blame your logic for changing the legend for a new civic. Took a look at that deal myself. Trouble is, I am already buying 50 cars a day every time I look at auto trader!!!!!! (Walter Mitty syndrome!!!)

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The dealer phoned today to give me the reg number and confirmed it will be next Wednesday now. Told me they've been inundated with customers and they've pretty much sold out of Civics on the sale deal. Seems I was lucky to get one!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Your thread prompted me to put mine up too! Another Polished Metal on order but with a manual, much later delivery date but I think they were covering their backs :)

·
Administrator
20,951 Posts
So the £3.5k discount is working.

Wonder if whether this is to shift the my14 out of the way pending the facelift for my15? I bet there is no massive discounts next March when I start to look.

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
Congratulations on Your New Civic! Haven't heard about many issues on the 9G, so I think you can sleep well at night. Mine has behaved perfectly, best car I have ever owned... :cool:

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Had to pop in to the dealer today to sign some paperwork and my car had just arrived so I got to take a look. Still covered in bar code stickers and white protective sheeting so it really did look factory fresh, if somewhat grubby! Nice to know it's only 3 miles away and will be being prepared ready for Wednesday. Getting close now, yay..:D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts