2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Does anyone know what the waiting times on this model is?? I'm looking at ordering around end of Sep once I have settled into my new house.

If it helps I was looking to buy it in Silver as everyone one I have seen on the road is Galaxy grey

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
A long time! I was told that a glass roof ordered in June would be the end of the year!

·
Registered
277 Posts
I about to order the i-VTEC EX with leather and glass roof and have been told by my stealer around 15 Oct 2006. I'm going for Nighthawk Black but when I mentioned if the date was any earlier for other colours he said there was all showing no earlier than 15 Oct !

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats amazing considering its a fairly standard car without any options, my Golf MK V GTi came faster then that and that was preordered before they were realised.

So if I was to order around September I guess I will be looking at Lates december -> January.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I wonder if it varies depending on time of the month (is that a PC phrase ?). I had been pondering about ordering one for quite a while and when I made an enquiry around a month ago my stealer found a silver EX (with roof and leather) that was coming in around 2/3 weeks. I was also considering Cosmic Grey (before it was deleted) at the same time and stealer said that system was showing mid-Sept for that colour. Other half wasn't keen on those colours so by the time I did commit and decided on the black delivery dates were now mid Oct.

One might come up on the system (cancelled order) for your car meaning you might not need to wait as long as Jan 07.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm going to order mine through drivethedeal.co.uk, I can save myself 1444 on dealer prices I got my MK V Golf GTi from them and they were great, they just go to a dealer and order the car for you.

They get the discount due to throwing all their business for a particular make at one dealer.

The only worry I've got is selling my current car, I have a Clio 172 03 plate which I got as a temp car back in Jan due to needing funds for the house, I need to use it everyday for work so I need to sell it at the last minute if poss, only want around 6K for it so I'm hoping to ebay it.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I also got a quote from drivethedeal and they were very good and got back to me very quickly (about the same time I was talking to my stealer the first time round). On the cosmic grey drivethedeal came back to me with a October date so my stealer was showing a slightly earlier date. Like you I also have a car I need to get rid off but I didn't think the online saving v discount stealer offered and taking my car as a p/ex was worth it given the hassle factor of trying to sell car privately. Have you done the maths in comparison to a stealer taking you car as a p/ex ? Your Clio 172 might be a bit easier to shift privately.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep thought about that, I don't think Honda had too much interest in it, It's also an import even though it's no different to a UK car so most dealers won't take it.

The great thing about the Clio is it's a fast little hot hatch and there's tons of boy racers that want them now they are so cheap so I'm hoping it should shift easily enough.

The only worry I have is that the car will be ready around December when no one wants to buy a car due to christmas ;o))

·
Registered
277 Posts
As you say, Clio 172 is well regarded so you shouldn't have a problem selling it.
Could always sell a little bit earlier to be on the safe side and avoid Xmas draining everyone's pockets and hire a cheap run around when you need a car (think I read other people on the Forum have hire cars while awaiting arrival of their new car) ? I'd also stress to stealer/drivethedeal that once you get a delivery date that they commit to it (if you can, no doubt contract will have some get out clauses where its not their fault etc etc).

·
Registered
55 Posts
Ordered mine in June. They couldn't give me a delivery date for about 2 months but have had it stable at 1st week in October now for about a month.

·
Registered
277 Posts
fishyuk - do you mind me asking where you got your Type R knob from ? I don't know if you picked up on a much earlier thread about the optional Civic gear knob which when fitted sat too high. Do you know think this will be a problem with the Type R knob ?

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Newboy said:
fishyuk - do you mind me asking where you got your Type R knob from ? I don't know if you picked up on a much earlier thread about the optional Civic gear knob which when fitted sat too high. Do you know think this will be a problem with the Type R knob ?
Hardly, it's tiny. I have a spare used one which has some scratches/usage, and it fits fine and it's a nice action.

·
Registered
55 Posts
It was actually down to this site that I went for the TypeR knob. Would have gone for the sports one but having seen the excellent picture of it on Pottsy's post I saw the problem. There was a good picture on another site of the Jazz gearleaver (pretty much the same barring only a 5 gear representation) and it looked good. User also said it made it shorter, not longer than the standard one. Anyone wearing a ring may want to reconsider though, was in my friends type R recently and it looked pretty bad where his wedding ring had rubbed the metal over a couple of years.

Getting mine from the dealer, bundled in with a deal on the rearview camera etc.

October still seems a long. long way away though!

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
As you say, Clio 172 is well regarded so you shouldn't have a problem selling it.
Could always sell a little bit earlier to be on the safe side and avoid Xmas draining everyone's pockets and hire a cheap run around when you need a car (think I read other people on the Forum have hire cars while awaiting arrival of their new car) ? I'd also stress to stealer/drivethedeal that once you get a delivery date that they commit to it (if you can, no doubt contract will have some get out clauses where its not their fault etc etc).
Wait til you start month 2. :D

Sent from my 4.2.1 Jellybean Galaxy Nexus

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,815 Posts
6½ year old thread !

1 - 17 of 17 Posts