2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Seems like a simple request, but you'd be surprised... I'm looking for a short (30-50cm), high quality, gold plated RCA to iPod dock connector for my Connects2 install (my current cable from the headphone socket is giving scratchy results). I've found some online:

Amazon.co.uk: RCA / Phono Cable for iPod White: Electronics & Photo

...but they're all retractable (not what you need for this kind of permanent install - I don't want to have to go into the dash a third time when the retract mechansim fails!).

Anyone know of a UK source? :confused:

·
Diesel Demon
502 Posts
Personally, I think you're wasting your time & money looking for a gold set. Scratchy results from the headphone socket are either because the socket/plug is ill-fitting, or there's some sort of contaminant/corrosion on either the plug or socket. Or maybe a bad joint in the headphone socket.

D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Personally, I think you're wasting your time & money looking for a gold set. Scratchy results from the headphone socket are either because the socket/plug is ill-fitting, or there's some sort of contaminant/corrosion on either the plug or socket. Or maybe a bad joint in the headphone socket.

D
...or probably all of the above! ;) However, I got back in touch with In car express, and they've told me that if I use both the Connects2 boxes in series I can get a solution that uses the docking port and charges the iPod simultaneously :), so I'm going to try that at the w/e.

·
Diesel Demon
502 Posts
Why don't you get your money back on the Connects2 stuff and buy a DICE set? Just one box, a couple of cables, an hours work and you're done!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Why don't you get your money back on the Connects2 stuff and buy a DICE set? Just one box, a couple of cables, an hours work and you're done!
I already posted on this in that other thread you were in Damian...

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/ipods-...uch-input-solution-diagrams-4.html#post182177

...but in summary, with an hours work and no additional expense I can install the Connects2 Iconnect and get all the functionality I need, and the two boxes still fit fine. The DICE is going to require me to de-install and get a refund on all my Connects2 components, order a DICE, wait for it to arrive, and install that - probably an extra trip into the dash, and it will cost me at least £40 extra.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts