2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
EDIT WITH RESULTS:

We have 2 Dyno charts here. Same day, same dyno and withing a few hours.

Below is the stock car, stock intake vs the stock car with Injen installed.
NOTE: Solid line is the injen!
View attachment 42445

Below is the injen with the stock map (dotted) then after tuning with Flashpro.
View attachment 42443

This is Injen Tuned vs the HKS tuned and within 2 hours.
View attachment 42444

I also have datalogs and screengrabs to show that the Injen filter in the lower position is suffering as much so called "Heatsoak" as the HKS in the engine bay! I believe in its closed position behind the bumper its getting spill over from the Radiator.

Needless to say I wont be selling Injen intake kits!;)

I need a stock car ideally which is interested in an intake kit that I can use to test fitment and function.

You will pay for the kit, I will do before and after dyno runs as well as fitting it all FOC.

I have been let down with the car I had lined up so am open to a willing volenteer.
This is only available through us in Warrington.

email me if you are interested and I will get you booked in. ;)

·
AKA - Vin Petrol
1,821 Posts
Does it have to be a FN2?

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
New Injen Kit has been developed only for FN2 :rolleyes:

·
ON A STEEL WOK I FRY
2,460 Posts
Me - how much is the kit? and when do you want me doon fer.

Edit - eek. Will my flashpro need remapped or will you adjust the current map FOC? pleeeeeeeease?

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You have mods though don't you?

Kit is £240.99 ;)

Flashpro is something I was going to look at rigging up to test it. Stick the stock tune on and see what the MAF sensors doing and if the flatspots exist. This is all assuming this one actually fits!:rolleyes:

Then if you have flashpro tuning to it.:cool:

Big issue for me with all these kits and all the fuss that is being made about intakes as being a reputable dealer we are expected to supply kits that basically fullfill 2 functions.

1. Fit correctly without having to modify a/ your car or b/ the intake
2. Run on a standard car with no flatspots

No other kits have managed to fill these 2 simple tasks other than the HKS, Mugen and GM. Having seen the previous 3 versions from Injen, I'm not holding my breath on this one....but it does look a whole load better.:popcorn:

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
I have a stock FN2 if your interested, how soon do you want to do mod?

·
ON A STEEL WOK I FRY
2,460 Posts
The only mods I have is the Gruppe M intake, milltek and Flashpro.

As you say, we can put the stock map back on, and swap the intakes to test results at stock. Then maybe you can test with flashpro too?

All I am worried about is that I have a custom map for the Gruppe M intake and so will having the Injen instead mean that I will need a remap if keeping the injen on?

If after testing that the injen doesnt prove to be better than existing intake I can always sell it on if I want to put my Gruppe M back on.

Let me know what you think Paul

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
As soon as possible really.
I can be there in the morning , if thats too early possibly Tuesday??
Let me know asap, cheers. Would be travelling across from Teesside.

·
Registered
142 Posts
You have mods though don't you?

Kit is £240.99 ;)

Flashpro is something I was going to look at rigging up to test it. Stick the stock tune on and see what the MAF sensors doing and if the flatspots exist. This is all assuming this one actually fits!:rolleyes:

Then if you have flashpro tuning to it.:cool:

Big issue for me with all these kits and all the fuss that is being made about intakes as being a reputable dealer we are expected to supply kits that basically fullfill 2 functions.

1. Fit correctly without having to modify a/ your car or b/ the intake
2. Run on a standard car with no flatspots

No other kits have managed to fill these 2 simple tasks other than the HKS, Mugen and GM. Having seen the previous 3 versions from Injen, I'm not holding my breath on this one....but it does look a whole load better.:popcorn:
CONGRATULATIONs. This is a movement of a real tunning company. To offer FOC fitment and dyno's in order to make thinks clear and guaranty appropriate solutions to the end user.

I am waiting the result regarding the fitment. If it is an easy fitment i will buy one in the next day.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Did you get this fitted,
Interested in the results.
I can be there in the morning , if thats too early possibly Tuesday??
Let me know asap, cheers. Would be travelling across from Teesside.

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Getting this done on Tuesday, looking forward to my first visit to TDI North!!!

·
Premium Member
6,733 Posts
CONGRATULATIONs. This is a movement of a real tunning company. To offer FOC fitment and dyno's in order to make thinks clear and guaranty appropriate solutions to the end user.

I am waiting the result regarding the fitment. If it is an easy fitment i will buy one in the next day.
Even if it gives flat spots like the other kits? I'd wait for the dyno personally. ;)

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Mk4 Injen is officially the "Worst" read WORST intake I have seen for the FN2!

Actually lost power over stock and when tuned only made 2bhp!

Massive flatspots under 2500rpm AND is suffering badly from heatsoak!
I have screengrabs, dyno plots etc to back all this up.

We are now fitting an HKS to compare. :worms:

I will not be selling these kits.

My guess is its to do with a number of things:
1. Filter is closed at the end so nowhere near as efficient as HKS, K&N which can draw air direct into the intake without going sideways

2. Sharp right hand bend after the filter followed by the squashed section. Causes serious disturbence over the MAF sensor.

3. Sharp right hand bend before throttle body.

Note that the connecting pipes are also smaller than the metal pipes so very very tight and cause a bit of a bottle neck.

On the plus side - This one fits without butchering any part of your car!:D

I think honestly the original simple idea of smooth round bends works without causing disturbance and restriction, BUT doesn't fit without cutting, hammering etc.

Going back onto the dyno now to prove the HKS suffers less heatsoak and works better than an Injen!....................... Or at least the latest version anyway! :popcorn:

Will do a more comprehensive post later.

HKS RSK kits in stock btw!;):D

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Having seen the previous 3 versions from Injen, I'm not holding my breath on this one....but it does look a whole load better.:popcorn:

You said it :D

Glad im running the HKS :p

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
TDI North Testing

Mk4 Injen is officially the "Worst" read WORST intake I have seen for the FN2!

Actually lost power over stock and when tuned only made 2bhp!

Massive flatspots under 2500rpm AND is suffering badly from heatsoak!
I have screengrabs, dyno plots etc to back all this up.

We are now fitting an HKS to compare. :worms:

I will not be selling these kits.

My guess is its to do with a number of things:
1. Filter is closed at the end so nowhere near as efficient as HKS, K&N which can draw air direct into the intake without going sideways

2. Sharp right hand bend after the filter followed by the squashed section. Causes serious disturbence over the MAF sensor.

3. Sharp right hand bend before throttle body.

Note that the connecting pipes are also smaller than the metal pipes so very very tight and cause a bit of a bottle neck.

On the plus side - This one fits without butchering any part of your car!:D

I think honestly the original simple idea of smooth round bends works without causing disturbance and restriction, BUT doesn't fit without cutting, hammering etc.

Going back onto the dyno now to prove the HKS suffers less heatsoak and works better than an Injen!....................... Or at least the latest version anyway! :popcorn:

Will do a more comprehensive post later.

HKS RSK kits in stock btw!;):D
The HKS kit sounded awesome on the way home, I really like the way it is not noticeable until the throttle is pressed deep, Flashpro works a treat best MPG I have had from the car and that was at a pretty constant 80 for 120miles, the new Eibachs and FRS has changed the car not only visually but it now feels more secure when pushed harder, definately not as bouncy and hard as the stock springs.

Just like to say thanks to the guys at TDI, Neil and Ben worked hard all day, a very long day for all, looking forward to coming back for some more tweeks!!! :D

1 - 20 of 44 Posts