2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been looking for a few days, i have type r 59 plate, but finding it hard to get some to re map,

can anyone shed a bit of light.

BTW LOVING THE TYPR R, WAS A TOSS UP BETWEEN VXR N TYPE R, GLAD I WENT WITH TYPE R :D

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
Dont think of it as the same as the Astra remap lol only approx 3bhp can be gained her (but 10+ in the mid range), not the 50bhp+ of turbo engines.

Just get some bolt ons if you fancy a smile on your face more often :-D

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Defo go flashpro with a custom map from tdi north! Car will drive miles better loads more power midrange! And better MPG to what more could you want haha!

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
what are the gains?
A very large smile!!!

Have a look through TDI dyne plots, lots of good info there showing how the addition of different mods affect BHP.
Mine increased 10BHP from a Flashpro and HKS RS kit. Car changed dramatically!! :D

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A very large smile!!!

Have a look through TDI dyne plots, lots of good info there showing how the addition of different mods affect BHP.
Mine increased 10BHP from a Flashpro and HKS RS kit. Car changed dramatically!! :D
cool how much did u cash out for it doing?

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
cool how much did u cash out for it doing?
PM TDI they will give you an update quote, VAT/equipment price changes may have made a difference to when I got mine done:

Approx; Flashpro £500
HKS RS. £350
Re-map. £250
Hope this helps as a guide, keep an eye out in the for sale items, a bargain usually crops up if your not in a rush.

·
Premium Member
20,382 Posts
kimos got one for sale right now, remember its not all about outright power, change your brake fluid, brake lines and pads for better stopping and get some 15mm eibachs and a frs for better handling, you could do all of that for £600ish depending on your ability to fit stuff yourself and have a car that will embarrass some much larger bhp cars :D

·
This may be spam
1,504 Posts
The flash pro doesn't dramatically increase BHP, but it engages vtec at 3500 rpm, increases your rev limit and gives you lots more mid range power from the descriptions people have given me.

·
Premium Member
20,382 Posts
maybe its just me and i dont own a CTR so am probably not considered worthy of commenting but; the alleged weakness of the 8th gen ctr is its brakes and handling surely it would be wise to address these first before tinkering with the only bit that everyone agrees is superb?

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Fair point!! I did them both together, though I still want to improve brakes, fitted new OE pads and discs all round, replaced brake lines and fluid but they still aren't great, not sure if to go BBK or better discs and pads!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts