2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

wanting a remap

1K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  coste1l 
#1 ·
ive been looking for a few days, i have type r 59 plate, but finding it hard to get some to re map,

can anyone shed a bit of light.

BTW LOVING THE TYPR R, WAS A TOSS UP BETWEEN VXR N TYPE R, GLAD I WENT WITH TYPE R :D

#3 ·
Dont think of it as the same as the Astra remap lol only approx 3bhp can be gained her (but 10+ in the mid range), not the 50bhp+ of turbo engines.

Just get some bolt ons if you fancy a smile on your face more often :-D

#10 ·
kimos got one for sale right now, remember its not all about outright power, change your brake fluid, brake lines and pads for better stopping and get some 15mm eibachs and a frs for better handling, you could do all of that for £600ish depending on your ability to fit stuff yourself and have a car that will embarrass some much larger bhp cars :D

#12 ·
maybe its just me and i dont own a CTR so am probably not considered worthy of commenting but; the alleged weakness of the 8th gen ctr is its brakes and handling surely it would be wise to address these first before tinkering with the only bit that everyone agrees is superb?

#13 ·
Fair point!! I did them both together, though I still want to improve brakes, fitted new OE pads and discs all round, replaced brake lines and fluid but they still aren't great, not sure if to go BBK or better discs and pads!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.