2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Sorry I haven't posted or contributed to discussions in a while- slipped a disc in my back and been concentrating on getting that sorted BUT THAT'S ANOTHER STORY! :mad:

So basically, I bought my 59 plate Crystal Black Type R GT back in July 2011, but have now had a change of heart and want a red one, or try my luck for a white one.

Mine now has 14k on it, pretty much showroom condition, and dealers are asking me to put forward around £500-£1k to p/x for a red of similar age/spec/mileage, or for a white of much higher mileage and slightly older.

My only tools against the dealers (and I know it's essentially selling to a salesman), are that:
-Mines the newer "Crystal" black as opposed to "Diamond" black
-Mine has smaller mileage (if applicable to the p/x car)
-Black paint is worth more than red paint :popcorn2:

I can accept that even if my car is "better" stock than their car, the dealers still need to make money and business doesn't work like swapping football stickers.

So I guess what I'm asking is, what would be a realistic price to have to pay (if any), and has anybody come across this situation before?

thanks gang

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
I agree with Cookci and If yours is wrapped you wont suffer with stone chips or rust spots that some white ones have.
If you get sick of white just peel the wrap off as well.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the suggestion guys, the idea of wrapping is completely new to me (I was only aware of carbon wrapping)!

Any tips/suggestions on the whole process or recommended companies?

Also, does the finish appear like a painted version and what would happen in the event of the wrap being damaged?

Initial thoughts are that it's a great idea as it's less hassle than a p/x, but unsure on the cost of it being near the £1k mark.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Bare in mind though that if you went for a hugely contrasting colour (eg white wrap on black car) any stone chips, scrapes etc etc are going to look BAD when the black shows through.

Still, you could find yourself a decent full wrap these days for £600 on a civic (the lowest quote i can find as I'm currently undecided between white wrap or respray on my champagne silver 5 door - yours may even be cheaper as the ctr will be easier to do than a 5dr)

·
Premium Member
231 Posts

·
ex CW FN2 owner
595 Posts
I think the wrap would be a great idea I know that adammole is sheffield based and they had a carbon roof and mirror wrap not sure if that was done local for you? There was also some one who had there door handles wrapped recently in the midlands and they made a great job cant find the thread. At least if you have your car wrapped your not going into the unknown with a new cars history. It might be cheaper than swapping for a car that was not as well looked after. Or you could swap it for a lovely mugen :neo: Hope the back is getting better.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for the replies guys. Called round a few places, getting quotes of around the £1.2k mark for a full body wrap.

Will maybe go down this route when I can gather the funds!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts