2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,

whats everyone's way of warming up the car in this cold weather... i normally just turn it to the max and and have my fan on to the highest.... but its still seen to take a while to warm up :(

also... this is just something i thought of while driving last nite... what happen when your in 6th gear and hit the redline...

·
Registered
97 Posts
I don't do anything special: just before I start to get rid of all the ice and snow I star her up and I might drive with a lower gear than I normally would: like 3rd instead of 4th. Here in Finland they sell something called an "engine block warmer" which heats the engine up so when you leave you immediately get warm air from the air-con (just so you know If you are interested). And what happens when you hit redline in 6th gear? You will propably lose your driving license :police: But all joking aside i'm not sure can you hit redline in 6th gear:confused: I've seen people drive like a madman and they were near but they didn't hit it. Maybe you just can't do it in a stock fn2 :(

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
+1

Doubt you can hit the limiter in 6th gear unless you're on a very long, steep decline.

If you did hit it however then common sense would suggest that it would be no different to hitting the limiter in any other gear.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
I don't do anything special: just before I start to get rid of all the ice and snow I star her up and I might drive with a lower gear than I normally would: like 3rd instead of 4th. Here in Finland they sell something called an "engine block warmer" which heats the engine up so when you leave you immediately get warm air from the air-con (just so you know If you are interested). And what happens when you hit redline in 6th gear? You will propably lose your driving license :police: But all joking aside i'm not sure can you hit redline in 6th gear:confused: I've seen people drive like a madman and they were near but they didn't hit it. Maybe you just can't do it in a stock fn2 :(
You can't redline in 6th gear fact!!! I tried it on my way to and back from the 'ring 148mph is all it will give, it holds out a 6800rpm and won't budge. Oh and if you try it you will burn an unbelievable amount of fuel

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
+1

Doubt you can hit the limiter in 6th gear unless you're on a very long, steep decline.

If you did hit it however then common sense would suggest that it would be no different to hitting the limiter in any other gear.

but u cant change up anymore, and the rev limiter would stop you from raving anymore...

i sat in my mate toyota and it seen to heat up really quick, and all he did was turn everything to the max

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
but u cant change up anymore, and the rev limiter would stop you from raving anymore...

i sat in my mate toyota and it seen to heat up really quick, and all he did was turn everything to the max
Which is exactly what would happen in any other gear... except for the obvious fact that you can't change up anymore.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Of course the air-con is something that is different in different cars. Also the place you park in makes a difference. Don't know what you consider fast but my fn2 is "warm enough" in about 10-15 minutes....I do admit it will take forever to reach the set temperature (mine is 20 Celsius).

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
I'm sure I read somewhere it's best to leave the climate control on auto for it to warn up quicker, as it does not allow cold external air over the heater matrix initially as this would cool the coolant and prevent it from warming up quickly... if you get what I mean.

Mine when in Auto keeps the blower very low for about 3-5 mins then speed it up has the car warms up... unless I press the screen demist button, then full speed, but cool air.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I don't think it help but having a metal gear stick..... Lol
Not to mention summer. Black car with tinted windows and black(ish) interior....its just ridiculous.

·
Premium Member
1,274 Posts
I leave mine off for the first couple of minutes so im not zapping the heat from the engine. Engines warm in under 5 mins and have full heat on my blowers.

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
Same thing that happens if you hit the limiter in first and don't change up :S

Lots of noise and looking like a mong

@Misterk, you are right that you can't redline in 6th but I have seen more than 148 on mine on roads that allow this speed

·
Banned
1,929 Posts
Which is exactly what would happen in any other gear... except for the obvious fact that you can't change up anymore.

You can put it into 7th.

Queue thread: "Where's the 7th gear"

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
PS Toooc

When you rev as high as you in 6th, Pop it back down to fourth and you have 3 more gears to up again, this is a secret way to get past the rev limiter ;)

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
also... this is just something i thought of while driving last nite... what happen when your in 6th gear and hit the redline...
Just change up to R for "Racing".

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.