2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Aaaaa...V-tech
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Does anyone know/ had experience in getting the clicking sound from the front subframe fixed. It is a Loud metallic ‘click’ noise heard from the front right hand side of the vehicle when braking or accelerating sharply.
see here :
Front end knock/tap when brake/accelerate/turn - Civinfo Wiki

It is a silly small annoying issue, but its an issue non the less and honda are wanting £90 (Apparently they've never heard of it) to diagnose it let alone the repair cost!. anyone else getting this or had it fixed? or can anyone advise me what to do with this situation to get it resolved.

any feedback welcome

·
Premium Member
1,610 Posts
It's only covered by the standard 3 year warranty as far as I know. If you are still within that period then they will fix it for free.

·
Aaaaa...V-tech
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for some of the feedback, i even sent them the wiki one that i have attached the link for and they are still claiming they have never heard of this. from what ive read alone this should have been well documented by other customers so i guessing they are after £100 notes for nothing. i will contact them again and send them a copy of that bulletin and see what they say. Last guy told me it was NOT covered under warranty as i still have one and i was completley taken back by this. My experience with honda in warranty claims is not good to be nice about it, so im not expecting this to go any better.

·
more torque than the mrs
6,623 Posts
id be lucky if it was that cheap!, ive read stoires where the full subframe has had to be replaced. plus as i mentioned earlier they want £90 alone for diagnosis !
cost me £47 2 years ago might of gone up a bit, its usually the drivers side only that needs regreasing not a full strip down,think i was billed for 35 mins labour..

·
#darkside
2,238 Posts
Jack and DIY mate, mines sorted as of this weekend :)

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
I don't know why but I gave the bulletin to 2 garages where they claimed they have carried out the work and nothing was wrong, yet the click sound is still there?
My point is try and do it yourself first, they claim they done the work yet the click is still there.

·
Aaaaa...V-tech
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah guys understand a possible DIY job but we shouldnt have to, this stuff should not go wrong on a car thats wrapped in cotton wool i maintain my car to a high standard as is so if they can do it for nowt instead of me then ill let them :p.

apparently the regrease is a possible fix but this apparently does not always resolve the issue this is why some of the subframes have been replaced ( must be if you leave it too long it will do some type of additional damage)

·
Stage 3 Hybrid
6,223 Posts
I printed the bulletin off, took it into dealers & it was booked in & sorted,
Aren't Honda dealers great ?

A common problem with the 8th gen, Honda issue a service bulletin, yet the dealerships remain ignorant !!! :confused:

thanks for some of the feedback, i even sent them the wiki one that i have attached the link for and they are still claiming they have never heard of this. from what ive read alone this should have been well documented by other customers so i guessing they are after £100 notes for nothing. i will contact them again and send them a copy of that bulletin and see what they say. Last guy told me it was NOT covered under warranty as i still have one and i was completley taken back by this. My experience with honda in warranty claims is not good to be nice about it, so im not expecting this to go any better.
:facepalm:

id be lucky if it was that cheap!, ive read stoires where the full subframe has had to be replaced. plus as i mentioned earlier they want £90 alone for diagnosis !
That's just ridiculous, it's only the subframe stiffener that's affected.

cost me £47 2 years ago might of gone up a bit, its usually the drivers side only that needs regreasing not a full strip down,think i was billed for 35 mins labour..
...that sounds about right...

Jack and DIY mate, mines sorted as of this weekend :)
:dito:

Is a doddle of a job to do yourself, and if you're out of warranty I wouldn't waste my time talking to a dealer. Decent garages, like TDI North or Grinspeed are well aware of the problem, and can sort it in 20 mins if the car's up on a ramp already. 4 bolts, air gun, bit of grease...sorted.

Yeah guys understand a possible DIY job but we shouldnt have to, this stuff should not go wrong on a car thats wrapped in cotton wool i maintain my car to a high standard as is so if they can do it for nowt instead of me then ill let them :p.

apparently the regrease is a possible fix but this apparently does not always resolve the issue this is why some of the subframes have been replaced ( must be if you leave it too long it will do some type of additional damage)

Grit gets between the stiffener and the chassis, which causes the problem.

I've had rigid collars fitted, and the stiffeners cleaned and regreased, and after 5k the problem has returned. It's just one of those things...

·
Stage 3 Hybrid
6,223 Posts
I love my Honda dealer, was sorted under warranty. I have nothing but good faith in them.

Just a shame your next car won't be a Honda then, Shauno ! [smilie=tongue.gif]

Tbh, a decent dealer should've been aware of the problem from the bulletin... :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,541 Posts
Cost me around 60 quid including 2 number plates, took them 20 mins and they knew exactly the diagnosis from the description.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
I have this issue too I will be ringing my local dealer to book it in , surely If people have pair between £40 and £60 they must be trying it on . Have you mentioned the price people have paid on the forum ? I would have thought most dealers would be aware of the problem by now.

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
if I was you I'd print of the bulletin and print off a screen shot of the prices other members have paid and make them match the quote just because they never her do it doesn't mean you pay over the odds
I have this issue too I will be ringing my local dealer to book it in , surely If people have paid between £40 and £60 they must be trying it on . Have you mentioned the price people have paid on the forum ? I would have thought most dealers would be aware of the problem by now.

·
Premium Member
2,202 Posts
Honda greased mine for 45 notes. Noise hasn't come back in 2 years.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 21 Posts