2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I have the Honda Used Car Warranty (Honda Happiness Assist) that i bought with my Honda in November 2011.

I have noted that the passenger side window does not open from the drivers side but does open from the passenger side. The other windows open fine from the drivers side, just the front passenger side window doesn't open.

I spoke to Honda Bradford who are asking for £75 to remove the panel to diagnose the problem. They mention that only Labour and Parts are covered by the warranty and not the diagnostics, and if they can repair it under warranty then the Labour and Parts is covered, if not, i would need to pay but i would still need to give them £75 to remove the panel and diagnose the problem.

Where do i stand with this? Is this the way warranty works with Honda?

Thanks guys.
aamar

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Whenever I've been to my dealership under the HHA warranty they've always done the diagnostics for free (but there's never been anything massive) but then told me what I want them to do isn't covered so it's swings and roundabouts really.

However, I highly suggest you try the reset procedure first as it's been known to fix problems in the past.
Electric window reset procedure - Civinfo Wiki

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
This 'Diagnostics' thing is happening more and more.... I personally think it's a scam by the dealers to make more money!

How do they think the are going to find a problem without looking or testing? OK, there are some time wasters in life, but generally most people with go to a dealer because they have a problem... so they should check it, fix it and decide if it's covered by warranty or not!

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
they should check it, fix it and decide if it's covered by warranty or not!
Agreed. If "labour" is covered under the warranty, I cannot see how diagnosing a fault isn't - but the dealerships seem to separate out the "diagnose" and "fix" portions to suit themselves.

Good shout writing to Honda UK - they backed me up when my driver-side mirror stopped folding and the dealership refused to do it under the HHA as my last service wasn't at a Honda dealer. HUK illustrated the fact that the mirrors had nothing to do with a service and the dealership fixed the problem!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.