2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me what warranty honda give on surface corrosion on alloys wheels please?
When i bought them I was verbally told 3 years by honda at the time of purchase. But after just over a year they have corroded. When i took them back I was told I only had 12 months as they are an accessory....

Can anyone help me out here?

·
more torque than the mrs
6,767 Posts
tell them you will inform trading standards, alloys should last a lot longer than 12 months, any pics..

·
Supporter
3,159 Posts
There is some new European legislation that gives more protection on goods, basically they have to be fit for purpose for longer than 12 months (in some cases it is 5 years) there are "rules" around it but I used it recently to have something replaced after it failed at 18 months despite the manufacturer trying to fob me off with their 12 month warranty, have a google I am sure you might find something that could help, that said wheels that come into contact with all sorts of craps might be a harder battle along with how you have taken care of them, worth a try though

Have a read of this as they seemed to have replaced outwith the 12 months
Alloy wheel corrosion, well done Honda

·
Premium Member
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are the dynamic diamond cut alloys. Previous to these I had the epsilons which went the same way. The information given to me basically sold them as they said if they corrode within 3 years bring them back..... New wheels every 3 years if need be!!!!
Honda now say they are accessories so only covered for 12 months. They are almost 3 years old now but were returned to honda after about 14 months as they were corroding. No damage at all to them at this point so purely bad design or finish. They are now at the point where they bug me and need a refurb but at my expense of £300!!!!!!
Pic below was after the first attempt of a claim after 14 months

·
Premium Member
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They are obviously much worse now and have corrosion all round the edges as well......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts