2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I just picked up my 06 Alabaster Silver 5door ES from the dealer on Wednesday.

So far I'm loving it,:) except I noticed that 1 of the penta (think that's right) alloys has a bit of corrosion on it. Noticed this before I took it away from dealer so it is noted with them.

I have the extended 1 year warranty with the car so would the alloys be covered so I can get them replaced?

The cars 3 original 3 year warranty expires the 14th of this month. Should I call up and re-report this before then and get it booked in (incase they aren't covered under the extended warranty?)

I've also read on the forum about the passengers door handle being replaced - it is hard to open and takes a couple of attempts because the handle is so stiff. Should this have already been replaced?

Cheers

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
Welcome to civinfo. :)

Quite a few members have had wheels replace under the three year warranty for this reason. I'm not sure this would be the covered under the extended warranty. So I'd report it before the 14th.

However, Honda do seem reluctant to replace wheels that have been kerbed even if they are corroded. :(

·
Registered
6 Posts
Dave 7981

Had similar corrosion issue with 18" Storm Alloys on 56 Reg. Despite wife having saw fit to curb all 4 and blistering only apparent on spokes of 2 of the 4 Honda instructed local dealer to replace all 4.
Providing corrosion can be seen as not being the result of curbing then your claim should be honoured under the terms of Honda's 5 or 10yrs paint warranty (sorry can't recall how long) for the car.

·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dave 7981

Had similar corrosion issue with 18" Storm Alloys on 56 Reg. Despite wife having saw fit to curb all 4 and blistering only apparent on spokes of 2 of the 4 Honda instructed local dealer to replace all 4.
Providing corrosion can be seen as not being the result of curbing then your claim should be honoured under the terms of Honda's 5 or 10yrs paint warranty (sorry can't recall how long) for the car.

Frazer,
Yeh hoping they will be replaced as although the corrosion does not appear bad on all wheels it still spoils the look of them.
Noticed that the corrosion on the "inside" of the wheel, which can be seen through the spokes, is actually pretty bad so hopefully wont be too difficult to get them to change them.
Cheers

·
Registered
6 Posts
Dave,

Notice you're in Glasgow. FYI I took car to Parks of Honda, Hamilton, Service guy David very helpful. Took something like 2wks from when Parks first submitted claim, around September/October 08.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts