2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, managed to get the dreaded sticky rear callipers, started with the clunk ok first drive off as the callipers unstuck themselves but driving home from work Friday the rear drivers stuck on I think as it just squealed all the way home and the disk/calliper was VERY hot :-/.

Anywhoo my question is, is it warranty work? The cars a 2009 plate so still under warranty. Another question is can I take it to my local Honda dealer or do I need to take it to the dealer I bought it from? The dealer I got it from is a Benfield Renault, not a Honda dealership.

Don't want to get charged for a common fault lol.

Cheers all!

·
aka Colin
10,854 Posts
cant hurt to go and ask them mate. mine does this very very occasionally, but i dont get the squealing or hot discs. i generally leave the car in gear when its parked up, with the handbrake hardly biting, found that this almost eliminated my problem.

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
Mate I had my calliper and rear discs and pads all replaced under warranty last month! Car is an 09 with 27000 miles and they did the work no questions asked think it is a known problem! Bought my car from Lichfield Honda bit Avonvale in Coventry did the work so you can take the car to any dealer!

·
Registered
356 Posts
Wear and tear items are not covered by warranty, but yours appears to be a malfunction of the actual component, so i would say its a clear cut case that it will be covered.
The age of your car means its covered by Honda manufacturers warranty so you can take it to any Honda dealership regardless of where you bought it. Only thing to watch is service history, has it been serviced by Honda from new, if yes then no worries.
Get it booked in!

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
Wear and tear items are not covered by warranty, but yours appears to be a malfunction of the actual component, so i would say its a clear cut case that it will be covered.
The age of your car means its covered by Honda manufacturers warranty so you can take it to any Honda dealership regardless of where you bought it. Only thing to watch is service history, has it been serviced by Honda from new, if yes then no worries.
Get it booked in!
Dosent have to be serviced by Honda dealer I only get mine serviced by Tdi! As long as the garage use Honda parts and are vat registered you are covered!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers for the replies people! Much appreciated, my main conern was if I could tale it to any Honda dealership for warranty work which I can so happy now :).

Thanks again everyone who replied! This forum's awesome

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well they ended up replacing the rear disks, seems A-Ok now, no squealing or sticking. Thanks again everyone for the help :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts