2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm really not sure if this has been suggested before, but could the "Was it you?" section not be categorised into a similar format as the meeting section?

It may make it a little easier for people to filter through to relevant threads without having to trundle through 2 or 3 pages and potentially missing some posts near their areas.

I'm suggesting this as seeing a CTR near where I live (Horizon's CW CTR) led to a small meet in the area a couple of weeks later. This could be great for future meets and people that may not frequent the forums as much as others.

I understand how difficult this may be to filter existing threads, but possibly something to consider in the near future? What do you guys think?

Ant

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Aye in all fairness there is! Though, could just use the areas that already exist in the meetings section? May not be totally specific but still better than the whole country :p

Sent from the Death Star Disco Deck

·
Administrator
15,516 Posts
Aye in all fairness there is! Though, could just use the areas that already exist in the meetings section? May not be totally specific but still better than the whole country :p

Yes indeed, I will have a chat with my fellow muppets and go from there, good idea though

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Nice idea

·
Super Moderator
21,029 Posts
In the meantime it would maybe help if a location was specified in the title?

I use the 'new posts' function and if I saw a new post in 'Was it you?' with a location in the title near me I'd be straight in to view it.

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah the name of the place within the title would definitely help, was just thinking there's a fair few posts without replies which could be down to people missing slightly older posts.

The section is a great idea in many ways, there's just some people I would imagine that don't frequent the forum as much as others and may miss opportunities to strike up conversation with other local members.

Cheers

·
Super Moderator
21,029 Posts
I think it would:

Was it You - M25 Junction 15
Was it You - High Wycombe

Would certainly get more attention from local members.

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Maybe a followed format for new post titles then for now?

Location/Car/Time?

·
Administrator
1,499 Posts
Did you want the "was it you" to have geographical settings?

I don't quite understand what you mean by your post?

~ LL, community support

·
Super Moderator
21,029 Posts
This is a difficult one because we have members from all over the globe. We've suggested putting the location of the 'spot' in the title rather than the car details.

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Did you want the "was it you" to have geographical settings?

I don't quite understand what you mean by your post?

~ LL, community support

Sorry for the confusion. I'll try and be a bit more clear.

In the meetings section, we have North west, north east, Midlands, South East etc etc. I was thinking maybe this could be the case for the "was it you" section as at the moment it's totally dependent on whether the poster puts it in the title and someone sees it in time.

I'm aware there are users from all over, but we do still have regions of the UK in the meetings section.

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This is a difficult one because we have members from all over the globe. We've suggested putting the location of the 'spot' in the title rather than the car details.

Yeah that should work, just the volume of threads can sometimes push week old threads to a 2nd or 3rd page.

·
Administrator
1,499 Posts
So... should we make small sections in the forum for different locations that users can post in?

From the way I see it, that's how the Meeting section looks like.
It definitely looks better, and it's easier to look for the places that you guys might spot each other.

If this is the case, I believe we can do something like that however there are a lot of posts that are already made and I don't want to be moving all off those threads around.
If we made these subsections. We'll probably need a mod to organize all this.

Am I on the same page as everyone, or am I still lost?

~ LL, community support

·
SHOCKD
4,351 Posts
So... should we make small sections in the forum for different locations that users can post in?

From the way I see it, that's how the Meeting section looks like.
It definitely looks better, and it's easier to look for the places that you guys might spot each other.

If this is the case, I believe we can do something like that however there are a lot of posts that are already made and I don't want to be moving all off those threads around.
If we made these subsections. We'll probably need a mod to organize all this.

Am I on the same page as everyone, or am I still lost?

~ LL, community support

What about leaving all the old posts in a 'other' topic for the moment and then people start now using the different area sections?

Instead of having to manually move them just leave them and start a clean slate?

·
Administrator
1,499 Posts
That would work.

What sections would you guys like to divide these locations into?
Give me the subsection names and I can get it started. Its almost the end of the day so I might have to get this done over the weekend or Monday.

I hope you all don't mind.

I almost forgot, I have to mention this to the mods as well. I need their permission but I think it's a done deal.
~ LL, community support

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yep, nailed it!

Without sounding incredibly lazy (I'm using tapatalk), I presume using the same sub sections as the meet sections should suffice...though opening it up for suggestion would also be more beneficial for the mods to input maybe?

Thanks for taking it into consideration, hopefully if it gets put in place it'll help a little.

Ant.

Reactions: wanner69
1 - 20 of 32 Posts