2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to fill the bottle up today and forgot the cap is not on a safety strap and dropped the cap , the cap now sits nicely on the under shield. Any tips how to get it out ? There is no room to get my arm down to grab it.

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Odd, mine has a long "snake" attached to it. Cant drop it unless I remove all 2foot of it..

Try reversing at a speed and slam on the anchors to see I it'll budge ut?

Late to the show as usual!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had the same problem on my EX w ith the washer cap took it to the main agents who retrieved the cap for nothing saying that they don't charge for work less than 15 minutes. It will Cost you £9-00 for a replacement cap

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,405 Posts
Reminds me, I must do something about that.

9G's it's just a cap with no tether.

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Ahhhhhh :facepalm:

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Have to admit I am guilty of dropping the washer cap as well. I could see it staring back at me from bottom of the engine.
It remained there for several weeks even after motorway driving.
The garage retrieved it for me when the car went in for a service (no extra charge of course).

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Odd, mine has a long "snake" attached to it. Cant drop it unless I remove all 2foot of it..

Try reversing at a speed and slam on the anchors to see I it'll budge ut?

I think the later builds don't have the plastic tube. It is like wiring loom conduit but much smaller in diameter.

It is intended to be a water level meter of sorts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Retrieved

Took the car to Honda in Cambridge this morning . They retrieved the cap for me but at a cost. They have now secured the cap so it won't fall down again.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I took mine off assuming it would have a snake like the 8G had, and the next thing I knew it had disappeared. I bought an 8G replacement with the snake, which fits fine and was less than half of the price of the 9G snakeless one.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I can also confirm that the gen8 one does fit the gen9 and the plastic feels less flimsy, although the Parts department guy only ordered the washer bottle mouth cap and forgot to order the tube as well, but it still only cost £3.90 instead of £8.75!

·
Registered
1 Posts
DIY Retrieval

Hi All,

Just managed to retrieve my dropped cap using:

pen torch
wire coathanger

Having spotted the cap using the torch, I bent the coathanger to suit - including a very small "hook" at the end - and then "fished" the cap out in two stages.

My bubble of joy/satisfaction at my own ingenuity/dexterity was only burst by the recollection that I was the idiot who dropped the thing in the first place ;-)

Happy Fishing!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Took the car to Honda in Cambridge this morning . They retrieved the cap for me but at a cost. They have now secured the cap so it won't fall down again.
A poor design that inconveniences you and then they expect you to pay for them simply giving it back to you? How much did they charge?

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,405 Posts
I just put a loose cable tie on mine.

Blue of course to match the cap.

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,405 Posts
That's OK then :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,687 Posts
I took mine off assuming it would have a snake like the 8G had, and the next thing I knew it had disappeared. I bought an 8G replacement with the snake, which fits fine and was less than half of the price of the 9G snakeless one.
how long is the snake please?

·
Premium Member
1,687 Posts
I bought a piece of tube from Ebay, about a quid.
Anyone know how long it needs to be?
thanks.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts