2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is probably a long shot but looking to run some ducting for my brakes from some front fog scoops. Passenger side is fine, but there is no room on drivers side due to the washer bottle (with 2 pumps as it has headlight washers).

Anyone done it or seen it done?

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I nearly bought these a while ago (think Paul from TDI was selling the exact ones in your pic). He told me they would only fit a mugen bumper/splitter so I didnt bother with them ... hence why I've gone down the fog light route.

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
i think they would still work as you have to drill another hole in the plastic next to or near the cut out for the horn and then one in the wheel arch, i only know this because i have seen a thread on here a few weeks ago were some one had fitted these

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i think they would still work as you have to drill another hole in the plastic next to or near the cut out for the horn and then one in the wheel arch, i only know this because i have seen a thread on here a few weeks ago were some one had fitted these
I think you are probably right re mugen ducts, only option was to buy them and try ... then sell them if they didnt fit.

The car was on the ramp the other day and the fog light location is perfect and I have all the bits to do it. Going to pull the bumper at the weekend and have a look.

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
i suppose if you use a small enough pipe you may not need to move the washer bottle, my thinking is if you have a large catchment area at the opening and a small diameter pipe it should increase the venting pressure at the brakes, but that my theory on aerodynamics and funneling, could you actually use something like this funnel ? and fit it behind the center bottom grill, one each side? cheap install if it works

black funnel.jpg

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i suppose if you use a small enough pipe you may not need to move the washer bottle, my thinking is if you have a large catchment area at the opening and a small diameter pipe it should increase the venting pressure at the brakes, but that my theory on aerodynamics and funneling, could you actually use something like this funnel ? and fit it behind the center bottom grill, one each side? cheap install if it works

View attachment 294560
That was my thinking too, to maybe narrow down from the 60mm scoop to say 30mm. Will check out the options with the bumper off and update with my findings.

Thanks

Reactions: Grossey

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
do the Mugen front wings also help with brake cooling

Mugen front wing.jpg

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Hi. Not totally related to the post but I have a problem with my FN2 GT reservoir tank leaking (1 pump,no headlight washers,2.5l). I have found a new Honda OEM one for £131. The exact same OEM tanks for the 1.8/1.4/2.2 (76840-SMG-E02) costs half of that. They look exactly the same to me,so does anyone know why the fn2 one costs so much?
I am tempted to look for a second hand one.
Does anyone know the right part number? I have found 76840-SMT-E01 but the FN2 ones I have found on ebay have a slight deviation with the numbers.Any help would be appreciated especially as I am planning a trip soon and need to sort this out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts