2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I'm having issue with my washer jets loosing pressure on my fn2.
I've disconnected the hose next to water inlet and that solves it for few days but then pressure drops.
The motor for the jets still make noises so hopefully it is ok.
There is a slight leak from the very top joint of the water bottle round the seal but that's all.
I've read it could be gunk in the filter blocking it? Is this an easy fix?
I've just called local dealer and then said bumper has to come off and it's hour labour at £96.
Ideally could do with cheaper this time of year.
Thanks for any advice
Jamie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
Hi all
I'm having issue with my washer jets loosing pressure on my fn2.
I've disconnected the hose next to water inlet and that solves it for few days but then pressure drops.
The motor for the jets still make noises so hopefully it is ok.
There is a slight leak from the very top joint of the water bottle round the seal but that's all.
I've read it could be gunk in the filter blocking it? Is this an easy fix?
I've just called local dealer and then said bumper has to come off and it's hour labour at £96.
Ideally could do with cheaper this time of year.
Thanks for any advice
Jamie

£96 to replace a £15 pump totally mental... i would order a ebay pump for it, remove inner plastic from driver side front wheel arch the washer bottle and pump is in there take a hour tops to replace... sounds like pump is knacked and when brushes heat up it stops working, or impeller bearing is faulty

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Green flag man who helped with my flat battery earlier said he thinks it's gunk on the filter in the washer bottle.
Is this easy to remove the wheel arch to get too etc? Don't want to break things.

Just called other honda dealer and they said around £50 as half hour job as bumper has to come off apparently!!!

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
I had the same problem disconnected the hose half way up blew back down the hose towards the tank never had a problem since

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
Green flag man who helped with my flat battery earlier said he thinks it's gunk on the filter in the washer bottle.
Is this easy to remove the wheel arch to get too etc? Don't want to break things.

Just called other honda dealer and they said around £50 as half hour job as bumper has to come off apparently!!!

i have not removed mine yet but had inner arch out and done a timing chain awhile ago it looks to me you can get at bottle by removing under plastic gauge and arch plastic, might well be filter... but you will be pretty p-off if you have to do same job twice for sake of a few quid for a pump... or i would be... if filter why not with air line blow back pipe to pump see it that cures it. it could blow dirt back into tank.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the reply, to get at the tank do I need to remove the arch bodywork trim, or can I do it by just removing the black trim in the wheel area?
Worried as I've seen people mention snapping poppers and not being able to piece together again
Thanks

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
Thanks for the reply, to get at the tank do I need to remove the arch bodywork trim, or can I do it by just removing the black trim in the wheel area?
Worried as I've seen people mention snapping poppers and not being able to piece together again
Thanks

those poppers you need to lever the middle out with a screw driver if you dont have correct tool. correct tool has a v-shape end on it panel clip remover. yes the inner plastic remove wheel is best way. you may have to drop under tray on front edge, 2x 10mm bolts and a few plastic poppers. under the drivers side corner of bumper is where tank is,, i think you could reach in from there and pump pump out of tank without removing the tank or loosen tank enough just to get at pump.. removing bumper is a pain,, also if you do remove it get yourself old duvet put under while removing it.. scratch the bumper and you will be stamping,,, ebay sell those poppers in packs

·
Registered
88 Posts
I had the same problem disconnected the hose half way up blew back down the hose towards the tank never had a problem since
My washers were also suffering from lack of pressure. I connected my electric tyre pump to the joint in the hose and blew towards the jets and back to the pump. Seems to have sorted it for now!

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
I had this problem,found it to be gunk covering the little filter at the bottom of the water bottle,same thing could here motor going for jets but very little water coming out,taken front bumper of to get to disconnect water bottle, hope you get it sorted.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all replys . Tried air down the lines to tank, improves a bit but not brilliant. Bit worried about taking bumper off myself or breaking things in wheel well etc so may have to take to stealers, unless anyone in north wales can help?
It's annoying as I'm sure it's just clunked up filter

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
Thanks for all replys . Tried air down the lines to tank, improves a bit but not brilliant. Bit worried about taking bumper off myself or breaking things in wheel well etc so may have to take to stealers, unless anyone in north wales can help?
It's annoying as I'm sure it's just clunked up filter

how about hot pressure washer push end in to where you fill it and with high soap and heat and pressure for 10 minutes that should clean it out or free it up

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not sure that would work because of the shape of the bottle and neck etc but thanks

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
Not sure that would work because of the shape of the bottle and neck etc but thanks

you will be surprised how far a jet 2500psi will reach worth a try a try bud, you could put some drain cleaner in over night first soften it up.. if that dont work then nothing will except replace pump

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Finally got round to getting it sorted . Took it to local dealers , I ordered a new filter(only about£1.50) for them to replace .
Seems to have sorted the problem just hope it lasts.
Only cost £42 and that included 2 new wipers , filter and labour .
I jibbed out of doing it myself but for that price I'm glad I did

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
Finally got round to getting it sorted . Took it to local dealers , I ordered a new filter(only about£1.50) for them to replace .
Seems to have sorted the problem just hope it lasts.
Only cost £42 and that included 2 new wipers , filter and labour .
I jibbed out of doing it myself but for that price I'm glad I did

cellit bang cleaner over night works a treat when they get blocked done this on loads of jobs cleans out pipes aswel,, just need to pull pipes off the windscreen jets and in to a jar when emptying it out again comes out black..

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Right fix doesn't seem to have solved the problem 100% - jets went to a dribble earlier , I undid the connector in engine and pumper the jets . Water coming out stronger again but nothing like what it was when filter was changed week last Saturday .
Any thoughts on what could be the issue? I've been told the pump is fine by honda .
I've had battery issues recently so will be getting a new one shortly . Could that be linked in any way?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
how cold is it where you are?
have you got the right strength solution to prevent the fluid freezing or turning to slush?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The fluid was put in by honda dealer . Weather isn't too bad today , about 3/4 degrees this morning so don't think it could be that .
Thanks

1 - 20 of 20 Posts