2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

This is my first post, I recently got a 2.2 i-CTDi SE and it's brilliant, except for the window washer. It performs a small jet of water and then nothing else. With the ignition turned to before the engine starts the noise of the pump can be heard, so I am pretty certain it isn't the motor.

I've seen fixes for taking the wheel arch out and the likes, but I was wondering if there was any other fixes? I'm aware the filter could be clogged, it started happening after I put in the Premium ready mixed screenwash from Halfords?

Apologies if making a new thread was not necessary, and thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
If its under warrenty take it straight back as getting to the washer bottle will require some body parts being removed

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was afraid of that, don't trust myself to do it so I guess that's the safest option.

Cheers Tony

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
By the way the noise of the pump you can hear when the engine starts is not the washer bottle pump - I believe its the fuel pump

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry I meant when I pull the stalk back that would release the water when the engine is on, without the engine on when pulling that back the noise of the washer can be heard

1 - 5 of 5 Posts