2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys
Had a problem with wipers (going crazy and stopping in the middle of windscreen etc),asked wife to take it to dealer as it is under extended warranty),10 mins later they rung me to say they done a spray bottle test and it works OK:confused:,explained what happens and they said they can have a look at it but it will cost £100+ ,explained again that it was under warranty :facepalm: they said they will ring back .2 hrs later they rung saying wiper motor will need to be replaced and ....washer pump.I said (knowing my wife;)) it was probably windscreen washer fluid but they said they have to order parts and it will take couple of days.When she brought the car home I topped the screenwash and it worked :confused:
Now the question is does the washer pump need to be replaced or no ?

·
Registered
613 Posts
Your wiper motor either needs cleaned out (free!) or replaced (not free). That cures the zombie wipers.

If your windscreen washers aren't working there's a chance the filter is completely full of gunk and will need replaced, but in my case I got the entire bottle replaced at an indy garage.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys
All done now.Just wasn't sure about the washer pump as the washers seemed to be working perfectly

1 - 4 of 4 Posts