2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A few months back we were contacted by the production team for BBC Watchdog Rogue Traders asking for help and assistance in an investigation into a suspected Rogue garage.....

Once we established all the detail we got on board and tonight the investigation is featured on Watchdog BBC1 @ 8pm.

Anyone who missed ABP on last nights Watchdog Rogue Traders investigation can catch up now here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b02vzftn/Watchdog_Series_31_Episode_6/
Watch the clips at 12.00 minutes, 31.10 minutes & 49.25 minutes!

We then helped the team with two 'stooge cars' introducing a simple fault on one and mechanical report on the second. The garage in question acted unprofessionally in both cases and this culminated in a whole days filming at ABP with a full film & sound crew with Matt Allwright. Matt is a great bloke and true professional who is passionate about consumer rights and exposing the UK's Rogue traders!

I won't spoil the detail before you watch but here are a few pictures which have been under wraps for the last few months.

You can form your own opinions on the garage featured in tonights programme :popcorn: but for ABP it was an honour to be chosen & contacted by BBC1 and asked to assist them.

Hope the programme goes well and i'm sure well over 10 hours of filming will be edited down to a few minutes!

Chris & the ABP team

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
I've just paused it to come on here and post! "I've met him" I just shouted to the OH :)

ABP on watchdog?! But for the right reasons of course. It's a great and well deserved endorsement for you as a company! Well done and congratulations!!

·
Registered
302 Posts
well done abp again :D you kept that one quiet..any chance of you guys checking out my clutch ;)..shows why you keep getting garage of the year :p

·
Registered
64 Posts
Big thumbs up :) guess where I'm taking my car for its next service! (And it's not going to be the rogue one!)

·
Boost Time...
989 Posts
well done ABP, some garages have got no morals or principals and they should be closed down end of. ..

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Oh good acting,on a serious note thoe there are some rouge companies out there and most people take the mechanic's word at face value of what is wrong with there vehicle and pay up,been to abp myself for work done and even checked and adjusted my alignment a few weeks later for free,better of asking friends /family for a good garage or if your lucky enough to be near abp go there. :).

·
Registered
52 Posts
Well done to ABP. Im an Aircraft Engineer by trade in the Royal Navy and we have to work by strict professional standards because pilots lives are at risk. If we mess up when working on an aircraft and were found at fault, we go to prison for manslaughter, thats the bottom line chaps. Ive used ABP to service my car ever since ive owned it and will never take it anywhere else. You can eat your dinner of thier workshop floor and they are totally professional. See you at Christmas ABP for my service and well done.

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
Thoroughly enjoyed watching it! Brilliant.

Just glad my car goes to ABP.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for all the comments guys and i'm sure you all enjoyed the programme! Form your own opinion of the garage in question....

To be the garage approached by the BBC to assist them into this investigation was a great honour and is testament to our recent success on the national UK garage scene. FIVE National Awards in just four years along with two perfect 100% Trading Standards mystery shop results doesn't come by chance.

If you've not watched yet catch up on iplayer here: BBC iPlayer - Watchdog: Series 31: Episode 6

Watch the Rogue Trader footage at 12.00 minutes, 31.10 minutes & 49.25 minutes!

Chris

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
Damn missed this weeks anyone know when it will be up on iplayer?
Now! - a few days left to watch.

BBC One - Watchdog, Series 31, Episode 6

Series 31 Episode 6 Titled Insurance companies reluctant to pay out

Congrats to ABP. Really showed off your knowledge of cars and inspired confidence in going to your garage.

I bet Cleckheaton Clutch and Gearbox Centre won't be sending you a Christmas card though!

·
Alabaster FTW
1,607 Posts
Good jobs guys, hence the reason I have travelled down three times and will be down again before the end of the year.

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
ABP - You guys need a branch down South :D I'm pretty sure you'll be booked out if you did!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts