2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Just picked up a 2006 EX and tested the water jets.

Pumps sounds like they are working and had a little water come out so i assumed that the water bottle was out of water.

Found the water bottle fill point, took the cap off and started to fill.

Only put in what seemed to be 50ml of water and the water level was over flowing.

Tested the jets again for a longer time (30 seconds) but only spats of water.

The long flexible pipe attached to the cap has no problems going all the way in so I don't think there is a blockage and no sign of a leak.

Any ideas what the problem could be or am i doing something?

Thanks for your help in advance.

·
Premium Member
18,080 Posts
Welcome to :civinfo:

It might be a blocked washer pump filter? - see this thread for info http://www.civinfo.com/forum/how/128354-how-replace-windscreen-washer-pump-tank.html

You might try disconnecting the washer hose at the T section under the bonnet and blowing back to the bottle. This may temporarily clear the blockage.

Disconnecting at the T will also allow you to determine where the blockage is.

Good luck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Farqui thank you for a quick response.

I will take a look at this post and see if this has more to offer.

Need to improve my searching skills here :)

Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
18,080 Posts
You're welcome.

FYI: searches via Google that include 'civinfo' often yield more results than the Civinfo Search option ;-)

·
Registered
286 Posts
Crap in the filter quite likely, but you might want to try a few easy things before stripping things out.
1. Check the jets aren't blocked at the end point (windscreen)... poke a pin in the end to clear any blockage.
2. Have a look to see if any of the plastic tubing is being pinched/crushed anywhere along its run.
3. Try pouring very hot water and a dash of washing up liquid in the reservoir... it's surprising what washing up liquid can shift.

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
3. Try pouring very hot water and a dash of washing up liquid in the reservoir... it's surprising what washing up liquid can shift.
An engineer once told me 'washing up liquid simply makes water more watery.'

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
An engineer once told me 'washing up liquid simply makes water more watery.'
Detergents such as washing up liquid are a surfactant and effectively 'thin' water making it more searching and show up leaks easier, especially under pressure tests.

Good advice by others here in order to check potential issues (filters, piping blockages and pinch points but it could be pump failure or a leak in the piping from the pump to the jets. When you run the pump, are there any signs of leaks under the car (drips or small pools of water).

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
I have the same problem today , I was going to make a thread but just seen this one , washer jets don't spray I thought the tank was empty but it's not , it's hard to hear the pump as windscreen wipers work at the same time but I can hear motor noises but no water . Mot is Friday so would like to DIY it before the the test

·
Registered
16 Posts
Had the same fault of no or very little water coming out, followed the thread for taking the pump out and cleaned the filter in half an hour, all done and black crap removed from the filter strong jets now. Thanks guys great How To especially for a "Numptie" to follow.

·
Premium Member
7,127 Posts
Pop the hood.
Look near the brake booster on the quater panel and you will see a pipe that has a white connector, this is the water line.

Just remove the hose from the connector and suck on it a little to create a vacuum as the system may need to be primed a little.

This is the hose, it requires effort to remove the two hoses apart, but the part the goes towards the front of the car is the hose from the tank

This is assuming their is air in the system.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts