2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

first let me introduce myself, i am new today, this is my first post,my name is Phil, from sheffield :) i have a FN2 Type r, and when it has been raining heavy there is a water build up in the compartment below the boot, where normally a spare would sit - i have taken it to honda for assesment(they are also assesing the slight rust build up above the window screen which is apparently common), and they says its coming in from multiple areas?, without them actually advising me where as to try and help me resolve it?, has anyone had such issues and a fast remedy and has cured thier problem?, i have heard reports of the water drain hole in the filler cap is being blocked, but i cannot see no hole? if anyone has an image which would help me check to see if its blocked, some have mentioned it needs a sealant where the water channel is near the back end of the boot lid on either side, as the seam can open up slightly - i have checked this area and this is possible where its coming in from,overall the car is in very good condition, and belive the water issue is new, as i have lifted the carpet and there is no sign of corrosion or rust build up yet. any help much appreciated. Phil

1 - 2 of 2 Posts