2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you notice water has built up when you open the fuel door it means the drain is blocked.
Get a pick or ear bud and clean up the drain hole, located just under the fuel hole, carefully lift out the drain pipe it will pop out approx 30cm.

Clean it out and put it back in, I am not sure if it will cause water to enter the fuel tank or if it just sits there but this could also be a common issue why certain people may have the water in fuel filter sensor light come on especially for the more rainy climates. Or potentially water entering into the boot (unlikely)?
Assume its there to just drain out any over filled fuel but water sitting there can't do it any good.

·
Registered
83 Posts
If you notice water has built up when you open the fuel door it means the drain is blocked.
Get a pick or ear bud and clean up the drain hole, located just under the fuel hole, carefully lift out the drain pipe it will pop out approx 30cm.

Clean it out and put it back in, I am not sure if it will cause water to enter the fuel tank or if it just sits there but this could also be a common issue why certain people may have the water in fuel filter sensor light come on especially for the more rainy climates. Or potentially water entering into the boot (unlikely)?
Assume its there to just drain out any over filled fuel but water sitting there can't do it any good.
Thanks for this - went to fill up today after the heavy rain and noticed mine was completely clogged. A couple of cotton buds to clean enough of a gap to see the tube and some needlenose pliers, pulled out the whole pipe and it had a small bit of gunk in it as well. A couple of mouthfuls of water through it and a wet wipe down the outside and it looks as good as new.

Out of interest where does that pipe outlet go to get rid of the excess water/fuel ? into the wheelbase and out onto the floor perhaps ?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice one! I guess its one less niggle.
I believe it drains under the wheel arch if you get a cup of water and pour it slowly you will notice it empty onto the rear tyre.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts