2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a quick search for this problem and can find only one reference with no solution. So......

Does anyone else get dripped on when they open the boot after it has been raining? And if so is it a design fault or is there a solution to fix it? It would seem to me that water channels down to a point and then unleashes itself on the person opening the boot.

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Most of us tend to only get soaked once; you will remember to stand back a little next time it's been raining. [smilie=cheeky-grin:

I found a fix on e-bay, an umbrella hat. They're about 12" diameter and fix directly to an elasticated band around the head. They come in all different colours so you can match your paint. I got a comouflage one, put it down and now I can't find it. ;)

[URL]http://www.ebay.co.uk[/URL]

Item 130056926139 or 130054116011

Don't forget to post a picture of yourself if you buy one.

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
It is a design fault, mine drips all the way along and if the rain is really heavy it is like a waterfall! I now open the boot as quick as I can and stand back for a minute :D . Also when I open the front doors in the rain water drips from the roof all over the seats :D and you cant open the windows in the rain as the water pours in all over your arm and window controls :D , oh and when you go into a car park and put your window down to get a ticket the window comes back up nice and wet an smeared :D
Sorry I have to keep smiling or else I will scream, its just a car its just a car its just a car its just a [smilie=zzz.gif]

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
Most of us tend to only get soaked once; you will remember to stand back a little next time it's been raining. [smilie=cheeky-grin:

I found a fix on e-bay, an umbrella hat. They're about 12" diameter and fix directly to an elasticated band around the head. They come in all different colours so you can match your paint. I got a comouflage one, put it down and now I can't find it. ;)[/quote]

LOL !

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Yep, me too - it's been very rainy here in Portugal over the last few weeks, which means I've been very wet too, everytime I go in the boot for something....

it seems to be a feature of cars with 'bums', as my sister had a Renault Megane as a hire car last year, and she complained of the same thing.....

Whilst you're cleaning your car, you'll notice that our cars, although not as nearly pronounced, also have a slight 'bum'....

(Did I really just write the word 'Bum' twice in a post??!!:oops: :oops: I'll ge me coat!)

·
Banned
477 Posts
Anyone???
Everyone, my friend; everyone!!:(
I believe that some kind of "drip-rail" or "drip-edge" profile could be integrated into the end of the hatch door. At least, water could be directed towards the lower corners to drip down there, so you could be less wet standing centrally; at least...

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
Boot drips

Hi,
I have not had boot drip problem recently due to an outstanding fault.
Have not been able to open the boot for over two weeks now,unless I crawl in behind the rear seats and open it from the small cover over the catch.Looking forward to seeing the drips again All the best.:(

·
Banned
477 Posts
Hi,
I have not had boot drip problem recently due to an outstanding fault.
Have not been able to open the boot for over two weeks now,unless I crawl in behind the rear seats and open it from the small cover over the catch.Looking forward to seeing the drips again All the best.:(
Good sarcasm!
I presume that you must have taken it to a service, and thus cannot imagine a reason why the problem may still insist...

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
Hi Korkut Varol,
Still waiting for a part to be delivered to the dealer to rectify the problem.
On back order.All the best.

·
Banned
477 Posts
Hi Korkut Varol,
Still waiting for a part to be delivered to the dealer to rectify the problem.
On back order.All the best.
OMG... Looks like that's another evidence that this model was an early launch...
I think they don't have enough spares in stock because they don't have the database about what may be needed, when and in what numbers... They are actually building up such database now, in the first year.

·
estranged
391 Posts
I tried to take a good look at the waterfall that gushes when we open the boot in the rain (or after it's been raining). I'm not completely sure, but it seems as if the water is either trapped in the sides and runs down and out when the boot is opened, or it is sucked up from the bottom when the tailgate is lifted... or it could be both.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Its the gayest thing ever(N), They need to get that sorted.. Surely the water should channel down the sides, and come out the sides, Or they can even have a hole somewhere when the water gets channeled into, and come out the bottom of the car somewhere?:S I hate it when it just floods on the bottom of the boot, then you either sit on it, or knewl on it, and you get soaked(N)

Also this happens on the front, on the left of the honda badge in the perspex.. there's a flat bit inside for you to put the lights cap, water tend to stay there when you wash your car, then when you dry it, water keep coming out from there.. leaving the left side of the car wet(N)

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
DanKo, what are all the (N)s and (Y)s I keep seeing in your posts? They are really confusing me! Or id anybody else knows....

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Oh, usually on forums you can see them, they're like smileys, (N) = thumbs down, (Y) Thumbs Up:)

Hope you get it now:D (And that's a big smiley)
I'm puzzled[smilie=confuzzled.: Why don't you use the 'smilies' on the right of your reply:?:
There are heaps more if you click on [[COLOR=navy]More[/COLOR]] [smilie=coolup.gif]

·
Registered
208 Posts
My old 307 & my wifes C3 are the same you get wet if you stand too close. I have learnt to stand back for a few seconds over the years. Not really a problem I feel.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
My old 307 & my wifes C3 are the same you get wet if you stand too close. I have learnt to stand back for a few seconds over the years. Not really a problem I feel.
I don't see anything wrong, really. Just take a step back and let it drip for a couple of seconds.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My previous Ford Puma was much worse. The boot dripped like crazy when it had been raining, but it went straight into the boot, soaking anything that was there. Now THAT is a true design fault. I am really not too fussed with the Civic waterfall effect - infact it can be quite amusing if you get someone else to open the boot.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I dont really much care about the boot. However upon opening my drivers door (left) there is also dripping water somewhere in the middle. It gets on my seat which is irritating.

·
Registered
92 Posts
i know its an old thread but i was searching this problem and this came up.
Anyone found whether there is a fix for this?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts