2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
SUPER MODINATOR
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so it hasn't rained in a while and I haven't washed my car in a while either so I was extremely surprised by the amount of water that seemed to fall out of the boot lid as I lifted it up!
Is there any way to fix this or do I have to live with getting wet every time I want to use the boot? :facepalm:

thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,670 Posts
A certain amount of drips is to be expected from any hatchback car if it is particularly wet on the exterior, but ive noticed that the Civic seems to be a bit worse in this area than other cars ive owned.
Just make sure the tailgate is at full height before you put your head into the boot and you shoudnt get hit by any drips. :)

·
Born Fighter
542 Posts
I have the same problem very annoying!

·
SUPER MODINATOR
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A certain amount of drips is to be expected from any hatchback car if it is particularly wet on the exterior, but ive noticed that the Civic seems to be a bit worse in this area than other cars ive owned.
Just make sure the tailgate is at full height before you put your head into the boot and you shoudnt get hit by any drips. :)
yeh I do expect a small amount, but when it hasn't been raining for days or even weeks that amount is just silly! :worms:

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
is a well known design fault.... hacks me off when pull in at work open boot to grab my kit, fleece etc from the boot and splash..... soaked before i even get on shift!!! not lot can be done apart from being aware and wit till it stops

1 - 7 of 7 Posts