2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the spoiler off my CTR to find out what the noise is and its water and ice !

How can i get the water out ? Obviously the ice will just have to defrost.

Andy

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
I've had this problem before unfortunately. There's are rubber drain plug at either end which you can pull out and try to drain that way.

However I found that these drain holes aren't right in the corner or big enough so I ended up drilling a small hole right in the corner underneath where its not noticeable to drain.

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
I remember seeing a thread with the same problem a couple of months back. Can't remember how it was solved if at all... might be worth a search though.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

·
Civinfo Wind Up Merchant
2,472 Posts
I had this with mine (I've NO idea how it got in as i sealed the spoiler and then completely sealed the unit to the boot lip)

Anyway, just grabbed the Makita Drill with a 2mm drill piece, drilled a small hole on either side on the lowest points (the two pointed bits) tucked under, closest to the plexi screen.

Took 30 seconds and it wont re-fill :)
The spoiler was FULL of water, it came out both sides under pressure for ages! nevermind, at least i know it cant re-fill!

If i was you i would get the water out ASAP; if it fills and then ices it could crack the spoiler!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.