2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
driving along the road yesterday and i could hear water splashing, thought maybe someone had left a bottle in the back of the car. i opened the rear door today and i couldnt beleive how heavy it was and i heard the splash again. poked a screwdriver in the plastic drainage grommets and this was the result!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
93 Posts
Take those grommets out of all the doors, and this shouldn't ever happen again.....(I'm pretty sure this is documented/recommended somewhere on this site ,wiki perhaps?).

·
Registered
417 Posts
This happened to me as well, at first I thought it was just fuel moving about in the fuel tank until I opened the rear door and realised how heavy it was and then I removed the 2 rubber drain plugs and watched about a litre of water pour out!
I cleaned the rubber plugs on the door (they were full of gunk!) and reattached them, I then did the same to the other six on the remaining 3 doors.
I now keep an eye on them, I may just remove them all together, not sure yet or maybe just cut the little flap in them!

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
This happened to me as well, at first I thought it was just fuel moving about in the fuel tank until I opened the rear door and realised how heavy it was and then I removed the 2 rubber drain plugs and watched about a litre of water pour out!
I cleaned the rubber plugs on the door (they were full of gunk!) and reattached them, I then did the same to the other six on the remaining 3 doors.
I now keep an eye on them, I may just remove them all together, not sure yet or maybe just cut the little flap in them!
You can remove them altogether. The 2008 and onwards Civics don't have them fitted anymore.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts