2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Discussion thread for the Wiki page Water in doors. Please use this thread only for discussing what should or should not appear in the Wiki article. If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Water in doors.

An alternative to removing the plastic bungs is just to remove the loose plastic tab from the middle. works just as well.:)

·
Administrator
20,959 Posts
I found that when I removed the bungs completely there was a dirty brown/green 'tide mark' left by the bungs edbes where the water had collected on it's way out.

My vote is remove them completely and the water can run straight out and the area stays totally clean.

I was also forever knocking them off when leathering along the bottom edge of the open door.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I have watched these bungs for over a year now, and luckily no water in the doors yet.
But agreed - I don't like such "high tech solutions :p" that might not work. (and I know what I'm talking about - having owned two citroens).

·
Registered
712 Posts
what happens to the inside of the door electrics etc the amount of water coming out my door gives rise to concern

It's not a problem as long as the water can drain out again, all cars are like this not just the Civic. There's normally a plastic sheet covering the electrics and window mechanism to stop the water (that gets in at the window seal) running over them.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Most cars nowadays have a plastic membrane sealed with mastic that should prevent water reaching the electrics. I had trapped water in my rear offside door and removed the rubber bung to drain it. I've had no trouble since.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts