2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi has anyone had water getting into the boot but not through the rear window seal?
i have water filling up the under boot/spare wheel cubby hole that i've traced to the nearside rear quarter, if i take the cover off the jack locker hole there is traces of water dripping down the hard plastic that forms the locker and if i poke my finger up inside at the top there is sound deadening which is wet i've now pulled the side trim off to a point i can get my hand in and it seem the water is coming in from further up.
i suspected the wiring harness rubber boot to be the cause so cleaned it up and added some mastic for good measure but i still have a water getting in!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After a frustrating couple of weeks of trying different fixes I was finally able to remove all of the inner boot trim and with the help of a friend running a hose over the back of the car trace where the water is coming in! The wiring rubber boot is definitely the culprit, although I used bathroom mastic to seal them it seem this doesn’t bond well with the rubber so water was still getting! I’ve ordered a tuber if 3m windscreen sealer which once I’ve cleaned off all the bathroom sealer i shall apply and reseat them, here’s looking forward to a dry boot again soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts