2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do i drain the water that entered and is all around the foot-mat? It is all in the car under the rug and as i press the floor rug, the water keeps coming out

·
Administrator
18,008 Posts
Welcome to :civinfo:

I moved this thread from the How To Guides section, as that area is not for general queries.

Which footwell is wet?

Does your car have AC? A sunroof? Had the windscreen replaced?

·
Premium Member
2,198 Posts
While it doesn't address the cause of the issue :)eek:!)
A good start would be to run to Tesco and pick up some of the Dehumidifier blocks, that you can find in their handy bits and bobs £1 section (Near the car stuff at mine):- A few of these should help to bring down the moisture in the cabin.

To deal with the water, You'll need something with a bit more clout.
If you have a wet vacuum, You could possibly use that to draw out some of the water if it is coming through in such great quantities.

Further to that, some highly absorbent towels could be laid out on the floor and used to draw up the moisture (You'd need good microfibres or kitchen towel)

These are only tidy up really; so I'd suggest you first follow Farqui's advice and identify the cause of water ingress, as until the inflow is stopped these are only mitigation.

Best of luck

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
I had the same problem. What I have found out is the water was comming in thru the mounting point for the spare wheel. So this is what I have done. Because taking the whole 2nd boot apart would be too much hassle, I did cut a square into the carpet, left 1 side intact so I could flap open it and put it back in once finished. Under it you will find a black clip - covering the mounting point - because of its poor design the water is comming in. I have removed the clip, put some blue tac into and around the hole and put the clip back in. No problems since. If you struggle you can PM me and I will send you some pictures. Hope you will sort this out ;)

·
Administrator
20,951 Posts
Welcome to :civinfo:

I moved this thread from the How To Guides section, as that area is not for general queries.

Which footwell is wet?

Does your car have AC? A sunroof? Had the windscreen replaced?

I wonder why we still get query posts in the "How to - Guides Only section". The heading is clear enough.

'This is how to' - NOT - 'how do I'

·
Administrator
18,008 Posts
I wonder why we still get query posts in the "How to - Guides Only section". The heading is clear enough.

'This is how to' - NOT - 'how do I'
The section headers are clear enough when using the site via a browser, especially on a large screen.

However if using smaller screens (mobile devices) and/or 3rd party apps (Tapatalk, etc) then the section header info isn't that obvious to a newbie.

·
Premium Member
936 Posts
It's quite important to dry it out.... you cannot do that without removing the carpets, as the sound insulation under will be FULL of water, and heavy.

If you can see it on top of carpet, there's probably 10+ litres in there.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Another possibility is that the AC drain tube is blocked with a pebble that has kicked up into it from the ground, this will cause water to run out of the compartment that you insert the cabin filter into.

If this is the case, the tube is accessible by lifting up the carpet and you'll need to poke something through it to dislodge the pebble.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts