2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've a Honda Civic build in 2006 and last week I did discover quite a lot of water in the compartment below my trunk (the space were usually the spare wheel would be). After removing the water 5 days ago, there is now new water in that compartment. No other trunk spots seem to be wet. Where does this water might come from? And how do I prevent it for happening again?

Thanks

·
more torque than the mrs
6,722 Posts
check where your back window joins the other lower part of the window sometimes these need resealing,dry the inside of your boot and use hose pipe, it will leak in if it needs resealing.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have checked the back window, nothing seems to be wrong with it. Could it be one of the seals of the backlights that causes the leaking? Or perhaps through the wheel arch?

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
Check your boot seal at the bottom. When i removed my bumper one day i didnt fit the seal right and a few days later the space saver was floating.

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
sounds like the plastic section of the lower rear window needs resealing as said above...usually (not always) if the lights are letting water in, the lights themselves will also have water in.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Since we have a week gone by without any rain, I went through a carwash. I've found a "leak" into the trunk. It's located at the right panel in the hatch, just below the lower (plastic) window. A little stream was going into my bottom trunk and I think that's the cause of my unwanted in-car pool. That's how it, most likely, gets into my trunk.

But I still haven't figured out where it goes into my hatch. The lights itself are not wet at all, I think I'm gonna check that seal of the lower window again...

Thanks for all advice so far!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I might have found something. There seems to be moisture behind the seal, see picture. When I put some water over it, it seems to be "flushed" away and then get dry again. No water is visible on the lower window though...

Is this the leaking @civik and @deni.babe are talking about?

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
condensation in that bit mate.the little `seal` you can see is pretty much just to fill a gap.the plastic window will have to be removed and resealed by a window fitter.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys, this might be the solution. Gonna contact the window fitter monday, will let you know how it turns out! Thanks to all for helping me!

·
Registered
6 Posts
So mine was letting water in from the gas cap cover. It took me lots of trials and errors to find out... Turns out the plastics were all dry and cracked, which is the Aquiles heel of everything these days even Hondas and Toyotas. The solution in order not to change the entire cap and assembly was silicone in the cracks and a new system with a magnet and rubber line to keep the cap pressed against the plastic assembly, thus not letting water in.
Had to disconnect the cable to open the cap though, not the best of systems or design from Honda all plastiky...

Anyway I did ask the bodyshop guy to make two little holes in the lower trunk (with a small nail don't drill), and removed the carpet in case any residual water leaks in, it finds its way out :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts